Stupid as I am, I had some difficulties putting myself on a map. Until realized that I must click the EDIT button first
Note to myself:
1) Access the map while logged in to your google account
2) Click EDIT on a left
3) Select your pin from the list on the left side
4) Click on the "style" icon (to the left of the edit icon, or to the right of your name if your hovered over it in the list)
5) Select the "more icons" option at the bottom
6) Select "custom icons" in the bottom left of the popup
7) Choose a method to import any image (by upload, url, google drive, etc)
**Note: You may see the 'bloody triangle' image under other icons in step 3, in which case you could skip the other steps.
There isn't any SAVE button, so it saves automatically?