It’s now 50 days! Till what? Until the Winter Olympics! YEAAH!
PyeongChang is of course in South Korea. We all knew that
What’s the main thing to note about these Olympics?
-Well, the crown jewel of the winter games is of course ice hockey. But this time, NHL players will not be participating. Why? Money. So the teams have roster compiled from European leagues and North American leagues outside of NHL players and their contracts.
It’ll still be good, right? Right?
The other thing to note is that Russia seems to be banned from the Olympics (Latest from BBC on this, here).
But hey YOU! Are you game?
- Yes, I am gonna watch at least some of the Winter Olympics!
- No, not for me
- I didn’t even know there’s Olympics beyond the Summer Olympics every 4 years
If you watch the games, does your interest reach beyond your borders?
- I am only watching when my countrymen/-women are on
- I watch even when there’s no one from my country competing
- Don’t care, I just watch it for the celebratory atmosphere
I am Interested to know how much Olympic fever we have around here
Like the Latin phrase goes here:
Citius, Altius, Fortius!
(also: V est necesse, vivere non est necesse.)
Finally, apologies to all of your teams, as Finland will march on to take it’s first-ever Olympic hockey gold