Windows 10 IoT ISO & Cubox i4 Pro

Please shoot me. The internet is giving me no resources which is never a good sign.

So I’ve decided I want to make a little Windows 10 IoT device. By which I mean, I’d like to install this OS onto a tiny cheap little computer thing. I was just about to buy a raspberry pi when I remembered I had a Cubox i4 Pro I haven’t used in 3 years.

However i can find no evidence whatsoever of whether it supports windows or not… But it seems Windows 10 IoT supports ARM and I believe this device is also ARM! Could I just create an ISO and load it into it…? Without somehow breaking it???

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-specifications

From Wikipedia:

1 GHz clock rate
IA-32 or x86-64 architecture with support for PAE, NX and SSE2
x86-64 CPUs must also support CMPXCHG16B, PrefetchW and LAHF/SAHF instructions.

There’s a reason those little things usually run odd linux distros. Windows 10 isn’t designed for such purposes and I highly doubt you’ll be able to hack something up which isn’t essentially an Intel NUC.

https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/cubox-i/cubox-i-specifications/

But it has those specs, 1ghz clock, 2gb ram, and x64 architecture. I have the Cubox i4 Pro, so it’s the middle column. I wasn’t looking for full blown windows, there’s a Windows suitable for small devices like the Raspberry Pi, Windows IoT?.. but it could technically run Windows then?

I don’t know much about these boxes (they do look neat), but it looks like they use a proprietary microcontroller based on ARM architecture (not actually ARM processors). The OS would have to be specifically written to run on this processor and I guarantee Microsoft didn’t include this in it’s processor line-up.

If you’re going off of the “64 bit” in the memory config section, that’s not quite the same as an AMD64 processor.

There’s Windows To Go, Windows RT, and Windows XPe. Probably not what you’re looking for though. If you want a tiny device to run Windows, again, look at the Intel NUC or Intel Compute Stick.

TLDR Nope.

Dang nabbit. Thank you for your time!