the biggest complain I have about my Surface Pro 4 is battery life. That’s why the V sounds so great, that’s why I reserved mine.
But looking at the numbers…I’m really curious how Eve will manage to get there. With a 48Wh Battery and a reasonable expectancy of 8 hours of battery life we’re looking at 6 W constant battery drain if I don’t miss something. A few questions came to my mind:
- Does anyone know ho much power the i7-Y will draw in real world use (light web browsing, text editing)? Is there any chance that it’ll be way below the 4.5W TDP?
- How much power does the igzo panel draw at say 70% (a figure I find my SP4 screen usable under most conditions indoor without beeing to dim)?
- Will the metal mesh have any effect (positive or negative) on battery life?
- As most of the tasks people do on their ultraportables involves wifi (or is it just me?): how much does that draw generally draw?
- The keyboard! As it has it’s own battery: will that not consume the tablets battery at all even if connected physically (given that it is charged)? That would be great news, as a folio keyboard usually draws something between 0.5 to 1.5W alone (depending on illumination i.e.). Or will the tablet battery keep the folio charged at all times?
I hope those questions have not been answered a million times - but I’m really curious.