Audio drivers that make things a lot better are now available!
edit: ok its been stickied, lets just let this thread slooowly get buried again lol. it has a more eye catching title.
If you found the drivers from this post and the mods haven’t stickied the driver post, please bump to keep it near the top so others can find it too someone should sticky @Helios’ thread, its getting buried.
OK GUYS, CALM YOUR TITS
The V is exactly what the team promised - just some bugs that need to be addressed in a day 1 patch.
I think having everything all over the place is just making things appear worse that it really is. Let’s work together and the make this the go-to repository for any questions you ever wanted to ask of someone who already received their V!
Summary of common observations made by reviewers
- Good Build
- Good Screen (for finger swipey)
- Good Display (for eyeballs)
- Great Performance
- Power button a little hard to find but Windows Hello is SWIFT.
- Typing experience pleasant enough
- Alcantara more fabrick-y than was expected
- Trackpad works fine, but top half doesn’t click
- Pen is nothing to write home about
- Battery life not 12h - (needs more info)
- Sound is awful - See below
Summary of common observations made by community members
- Great packaging! Really, it’s very minimalistic and yet elegant. Well done whoever did this
- Upper USB-C port a bit loose, so cable doesn’t fit as tightly as on lower port.
Did I make a mistake buying the V?
A: No, its a perfectly decent device and i’d say you got more than your money’s worth!
Q: Whats up with the audio? Is it really that bad?
@Artur_Jedrzejewski touches on speaker and headphones
Extremely handsome fellow adds feedback on his Vs audio performance
Eve Team acknowledging they are aware of the audio issue and a quick explanation
Q: Is the stylus really that bad?
@benej98 gives his inital impression of the V pen
@benej98's follow up comparison of V pen, Bamboo Stylus and Surface Pen
@Helios comments on using the pen on the display as a whole
Q: How about the palm rejection?
Possible workaround to palm rejection problem
List of software improvement suggestionshttps://eve.community/c/development/v-software-improvements
Other V birds, feel free to add yourself if i missed you.