Why I'm Here... Hello All!

Hello EVE Community!

My name is Aidan, I’m an 18-year-old American design student with interests in the Sciences and Industrial design. I was drawn to the company, and in turn, the community because I appreciated the message behind eve and the well-designed nature of the website, product and overall brand image.

I have participated in a few polls over the first few weeks that I’ve been here, but I decided I should properly introduce myself to the team, senior designers, and larger community. I hope I can get a proper grasp on using the community as a resource for creative development and product feedback.

Unfortunately, I missed the last flash-sale so I won’t be able to get my hands on a V in the near future but I am still very excited to be a part of this community, to participate and learn.

Perhaps some of you more senior members can help point me in a better direction as I feel I have many ideas, not all feasible for development of the V2, Donald Dock, and more when the time presents itself.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, I’m glad I help change the future :slight_smile:

Best,
Aidan

Hi Aidan, and welcome to eve.community!

Development for Project: Donald Dock is already well underway here as you have probably already found. We are not likely to begin the design process for a successor to the V any time soon, but we will be launching a new big development project this year. Until then, you could always share your device ideas with the community in the What’s Next? category!

Welcome to the community!

Thank you @Skimaster! Glad to be here!

Welcome! Don’t expect to much from the “senior designers”… They are just weird :upside_down_face: nerds (is there a female form of nerds?) or crazy fanboys/fangirls…
Great to have you here. Join the development threads! I can recommend project b to you. (Dario is a famous designer!!!)

Haha, thanks for the advice @dibadibadu! I’ll keep that in mind!

Wellcome!

Is alaways nice to have more minds to help around.

Hope your stay is as much fun as mine has been so far.

I recommed you to look around, post a bit in the things that catch your atention after reading the guidelines.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome!
Don’t worry, you won’t be the only one without a V :wink:
If you have an idea for Eve, or in general, about a new product I suggest that you try to make a one-page like post about it, and see who comments.

My personal experience is that most people will primarily try to decide if the product is mass-marketable (spoiler, it never is), but you might get some additional design comments :slight_smile:

hey there Aidan,

welcome! looking forward to your input!

everyone else has already said exactly what I would have said.

but id add that it would be a good idea to read the ‘development’ and what’s next areas of the community to familiarize yourself with what’s already been proposed and more importantly what the community likes and doesn’t like.

and @dibadibadu is right we’re all just massive nerds and…nerdettes?? :smiley:

Or nerdices maybe??? Hey @mlivesey! It’s your turn…

Are you calling me a nerd? :nerd_face:

hahah.

Welcome aboard @Anti-Design!

Hmmm, is there a gender neutral nerd expression around somewhere? :innocent:

Thanks @Neti! Will do!

@AML, perhaps… Nerdx?