When, Where, How and For How Much You Can Buy Eve V!

official
webshop
announcement

Now that the shop opens, can we start the next cool device? What about building the best laptop in the world? Seems like nobody else wants to build it.

Eve, it’s your turn.

Does the V use Windows precision touch pad drivers even when the touchpad is made by Synaptics? :thinking:

Yes, PTP touchpads are usually supplied by either Synaptics or Elan

I’m sad that Can’t buy it now but I am glad its soon

Doesn’t really matter if it is illegal, they knew it was illegal and they did it anyway. It took years before AMD saw any justice. Does Eve have a legal team to fight corporate giants?

All I’m saying is always have backup suppliers.

i7 512gb ssd model price is too low! 1gb ssd model price is reasonable.

I paid US$1,649 (including shipping) to someone for transferring the i7 512 model perk to me. Not fair!

EU actually benefit more from the ruling that AMD too

Thanks for the reply. I went looking for it there. Must have missed it.

This is super ironic. :joy: Made my day! Thanks!

Finally, the day my girlfriend and I have been anxiously waiting for. Good work EVE team, you guys really have something special here. Keep it up! :smiley:

this forum and website is still confusing to me.
Where can I see all the specifications of all the models? For instance, which Window(home or pro) in which model?

Here are the full specifications:

Eve V

Intel 7th Gen Core i7-Y "Kaby Lake"
16 GB LPDDR3 RAM
512 GB PCIe SSD
2x Full-size USB 3.0 Gen 1
1x USB 3.0 Gen 1 USB-C
1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C
1x 3.5mm audio
1x Micro SDXC reader
12.3 inch IGZO LCD 2880x1920 resolution
1:1500 contrast ratio, 400 nits brightness
Anti-Reflection coating
48 Wh Battery
Quad speakers
Audio Jack Amplifier by TI
Multi-Color RGB Pogo-Pin and Wireless
Bluetooth 4.2, connects up to 3 devices
No Bloatware
V Pen—1024 pressure levels
(Compatible with Surface 2017 Pen)
Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro
$1599

m3, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD - $799
i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD - $1199
i5, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD - $1499
i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD - $1599
i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD - $1999

Once you purchase the V, you can choose to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for around $50 I believe. By default every device comes with Windows 10 Home.

The only differences between models are the processor (m3-7Y30, i5-7Y54, i7-7Y75), the RAM (8GB or 16GB), and the size of the SSD (128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB). Everything else about the computers are the same across all devices.

Go to https://eve-tech.com/pages/eve-v/

Click on “Full-Specs” or “Models & Pricing”

Is the official brightness 400 nits? I thought Konstantinos said they got to 450 nits

Things are a little funny with the new screen, and I’m not sure if everything at eve-tech.com has been updated yet. I believe the old screen was 450 nits, and the new screen is rated at 400, though some may go higher.

also, since the shop is not open just yet, it’s not fully functional… that stuff will come!

That’s something I understand but let’s take that i7, 16GB, 512GB model. The price listed is: 1599 / 1649€. Converting that to euros is around 1360€. That's a considerable price difference even if they'd priced it at 1599€. At 1649€ we get what 21% of extra to pay versus the regular 17% or so of the € = conversion. Let me re-iterate, I’d be able to swallow that direct conversion since everyone does it. Greedy AF Apple, Steam etc.

This also applies only to the two higher-end models. Not however the highest-end model. That’s again euros for dollars price. Either they are fleecing EU folk to be able to sell it cheaper across the pond or it’s a pricing mistake. Could also be to deter EU folk from buying those models and opting for the most expensive one so that they can get those 512GB models shipped to the more lucrative State-side markets.

Dunno. Pisses me off. Took away all interest in buying the thing :frowning:

No sales tax in the US prices and if Eve wanted, I don’t know if they do, to offer only 1 year warranty in the US they could against the 2 year warranty in EU.

The price difference, when adding taxes, comes to around 100€ in total, depending a bit on where in the US you buy it.

Edit:
Oh and if you are bothered by the fact that something is cheaper in the States, I suggest you give away all your tech because EVERYTHING is cheaper in the States due to taxation. If you find this an issue, write to your MEP and tell them “EU taxation sucks.” I’m sure they’ll care “:D”

I think the price difference is clearly stated in this thread already. There a smaller margins for EVE in the cheaper configs so the difference is smaller.

But as said US price doesn’t include taxes etc, which the EU price does as it is a requirement by the EU.

Also remember that EVE isn’t doing this for charity :slight_smile: