What's inside Eve V?

Hi guys!

I was shooting a video for Underdog guys explaining what’s inside Eve V. After I shot it I though you might be interested
We’ve put a lot of time designing hardware in a way that it would take as little space as possible

Pin this globally!! :smiley:

I see you failed removing the screen even more than I did :smile:

well its because this unit had it badly broken after drop test already :smiley:

Maybe Konsta had already broken the screen who knows :stuck_out_tongue: but it would be nice to have at least someone succeed in opening the V without tearing the screen apart :joy:

@Konstantinos : This is some kind of chip ehh doesn’t really matter :joy:

@Konstantinos
So, what was the conclusion of the drop test? :sweat_smile:

Glad to see that your cooling solution works with thermal pads but isn’t the pad on the backside a little bit too small? :worried:

Are the magnets for the side hidden in the housing unlike the keyboard ones?

Looks good. Is there no magnet for the pen?

There are 2 on the side!

+1 on this. I would like to see a full report (video?) of the drop tests if its possible

Thanks @Konstantinos, interesting video especially about the cooling system configuration.

Even though I understand that thermal pads are easier for assembly, yet I am surprised that you aren’t using thermal paste as generally speaking thermal paste performance is better than thermal pad performance.

Or are you going to use thermal paste with the production V’s? In my opinion, the heat transfer from the reverse side of the motherboard should be as efficient as possible to minimise the heat transfer to the display.

What value W/mK thermal pads are you using? Have you tried thermal pads with different W/mK values?
High W/mK value thermal pads are expensive.

The cooling construction also raises the question about the display’s thermal limits. To my knowledge, the best displays tolerate temperatures up to +85 degrees Celsius and I presume that the V display is of that quality.

Am I correct or is the thermal limit even higher? Or please no, lower?

Does the display tolerate long term exposure to temperatures in the +80 to +85 degrees Celsius range according to specification? Have you run any long term tests with the display exposed to these kind of temperatures?

Generally speaking, displays are irreversibly damaged at about +100 degrees Celsius due to plastic layers starting to delaminate :cry:.

Pin it as DIY or in Self Service Repair Manual - under section “Know V Components”

Awesome video of the components! Little disappointed in thermal pads of heatsink and not thermal paste like what I’m use to fir building computers. If I ever have to get inside the device and change something that would be something I change. Of course, only if the device is out of warranty :smile:.

Woot!! Official Nude Sent!!!
Anyway seriously speaking, looks like self repair-ability scale should be fairly high after the screen is removed. There still looks like there are tons of space for a few more components like USB ports or/and an LTE card. Praying real hard that it will appear for the V ver.2!!!:joy:

Cheers!!! Seems like a fantastic product all round and I can’t wait to have it. In fact, I want it and I want it last year!!! Hahaha!!

@Konstantinos might it be that long-term exposure to heat is what killed my screen? My unit didn’t have a heatpipe so basically all the heat went into the screen…

What temperatures did you reach?

90C at times, mostly around 80-85…

That is very hot, i hope that the final V is less hotter than the prototype because 80-85°C is really not good for compenents. I can wait to have the V in my hands. I read a lot of thread especially yours @pauliunas. It is so interesting to read all the post and news of this community every day.

Did you have the heatsink?