What is technical term for pressure sensitive screen

help. My old laptop=maincomputer is getting older. I want to look for a replacement (not V, the V will hopefully be my outdoors painting device :slight_smile: ) .
I’m looking for more screen real estate, like 15".
I’m looking for… a screen like the SP & V = where I can paint on.

HOW DO I SEE in specifications that the device I’m looking at, has this kind of a screen?

What is the “technical term” to look for if I want a pressure sensitive screen like the SP and V?
THANKS

(I have been searching in the internet for this “term” if it exists and just cannot find it, so I turn to this knowledgeable community…)

Look for something along the lines of “pen support” or “pressure levels”. That should indicate whether or not the device is capable of pen input.

If you are looking for a computer you can draw on, I believe it is not the screen that is pressure sensitive, but rather the pen used for drawing.

Same as @samkri98, look for something like “pen support”.

If you are looking for a 15" device, the Surface Book 2 is an OK (but very expensive) option.

It depends a little bit on the technologies used for the sensitivity I believe, but ‘Active Digitizer’ is the term I have historically seen.

just look for “active digitizer support”. There’s no pressure sensitivity in the screen. It’s in the pen. It’s very rare in a 15" device. For bigger screens check for your main computer smth. like Dell Canvas (not a All In One) or Surface Studio (AIO)… (27")
The only 15" Laptop (360°) i know with pen support is the new hp spectre x360.

I think you got it worked out yourself.

I have seen it called a pressure sensitive screen many times or force touch.

Each is going to try to have their own proprietary name for it. Like Apple’s pressure-sensitive 3D Touch screen.

But as the guys here have already said it’s a matter of going into and through the specs.

oh thank you all. I knew I can count on you.

EDIT and this morning my oool’ Thinkpad did NOT act up like every morning as if it wanted to tell me “hey I’m not old yet” :joy:

mainlaptopcomputer ordered.
the race begins.
who will arrive first, the mainlaptopcomputer or the V???
SUSPENSE :smiley: