Warm V-silently radiating heat

One thing I’ve noticed is that my V(i7 512) gets warm easily, to a point that if my other laptop reach that temperature, I’d let it rest, but the difference is, I’m not doing much on EVE whereas I would do 3D modelling and complicated CAD on my other laptops, V gets warm when:

1. Charging and maybe run google chrome at the same time
  2. play simple 2D games (MINIMUM requirement:
    Processor: 1.6 GHZ
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Storage: 350 MB available space)
  3. Download Adobe suite thru creative cloud
  4. Simply opening Photoshop and not doing anything in it

I’m not complaining, just want to know if it’s a normal thing because of V’s design, it is really smooth and quiet though, silently radiating heat, would be nice in winter but…

BTW, anyone tried operating V in a 30+ degree Celsius environment? Any significant effect humidity has on V as well?

And what kind of temperatures are you seeing then?

If I knew I would have put it in the post, I was just stating an observation as a regular user and wanted to know if that’s normally the way v loses heat.

Yeah. Basically you can expect the V to always be hotter than other devices, but its no cause for concern.

It’s mostly because of the TDP being 7 instead of 4.5, i recall seeing somewhere that they outer temperature threshold from 42 to 50 C to accommodate that.

tl;dr, expect the V to feel ~5 - 10 degrees warmer than most devices, nothing to worry about though.

edit:

*Your V will be fine as long as there’s some airflow, even if just a bit*

2 Likes

that’s what i need to hear😉
i placed it on a metal laptop fan and the magnetic force was so strong that it kind of ignore the keyboard and stuck to fan instead, had to pry it off. anyway, thanks for the explanation👍

Today it is 32°C, 85% humidity.

The Eve is less hot than I am.