Update 30.03 China, shipping countries, missing accessories

Hi community!

Here’s the update for this week…

China adventures (March 2018 edition)

Konstantinos and Xinjie have been meeting with our partners in China. They are excited to work with us on our upcoming project and beyond!

Project: B is on the move

Stage four of Project: B has begun! Visit the latest development topic, vote, and share your opinions about how we can make this the most awesome tech-ready backpack!

Eve V

Worldwide shipping changes

As mentioned in a previous update, we will be reducing the list of countries that we ship to. As we want everyone to be able to buy a V, we do not make these changes lightly. Our experience with the Vs shipped so far has taught us a lot about the way different countries handle import and shipping. Based on our findings, as of Tuesday, April 3rd we will no longer accept new orders from the countries listed below:

The following countries will be removed from our international store. The EU store remains unaffected.

A Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua And Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan
B Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi
C Cambodia, Republic of Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, The Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Curaçao
D Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
E Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia
F Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Fiji, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories
G Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana
H Haiti, Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras
I Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Republic Of, Iraq, Isle Of Man
J Jamaica, Jersey, Jordan
K Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic Of Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
L Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
M Macao, Republic Of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar
N Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island
O Oman
P Pakistan, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn
Q Qatar
R Rwanda
S Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Samoa, Sao Tome And Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sint Maarten, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Vincent, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard And Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Syria
T Taiwan, Tajikistan, United Republic Of Tanzania, Timor Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu
U Uganda, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan
V Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, British Virgin Islands
W Wallis And Futuna, Western Sahara
Y Yemen
Z Zambia, Zimbabwe

This does not mean we will never sell to these countries again: we simply do not offer the possibility at this time. Also, everyone from these countries who has already placed an order will still receive their V, and we will continue to provide support to existing buyers from all over the world.

Missing accessories

Some people who received their V in the last IndieGoGo shipments were missing accessories, and we apologize once more for this inconvenience! At this point, all missing accessories have been shipped out. Some people have already received theirs, others should get tracking numbers some time early next week.

It’s Easter weekend! To those who celebrate: happy Easter weekend! To those who don’t celebrate: happy regular weekend!

Update 23.03 The calm before the storm

Thanks for the update and congratulations to the Team for their recent triumphs. Is there someone I can PM about the list of restricted countries?

I’m glad we got an update on flash sale shipments, sadly it wasn’t much in the way of concrete info like we were told it would be. Im trying to remain optimistic about this, but I am starting to run into issues from being without access to a computer for business. I just lost a client today and I feel like it might not be the only one before I finally get my v. very disappointed right now.

Well the promised update email has arrived. Next week should be a dozy.

Wait you guys got an update e-mail? i’ve texted the support 2 times already that i don’t get update e-mails and they’ve said 2 times, that i should get them now. Why doesn’t this work for me? and yes, i’ve triple checked all spam files and everything… this is getting really annoying by now

Hi everyone! Same question for me, did you get an email today? I have no informations since my order… Liked some other members here, I’m glad to see that new projects are on their way, and I understand there might be some delay, but please let us know about it! Do not leave us in the dark like currently.
So for those who got email today, what was inside?

@zeboz @Drilloth please check this thread for flash sale related news.

Same here

Thx… Bad news for me but at least I had some :wink:

@Konstantinos there is a lot to review in your way to communicate. And I’m not telling you stop writing about how is your experience nor how to update the community. But yes you need to improve the way to communicate and handle buyers. There are things you can do when you are a well established company and some that you can when you are a small company, but you can’t apply one way to another situation.
So, please get a council about that or then ask a group of enlightened people about those kind of things among the community. It would really ease things.

I’m in the same boat.

Thanks for the update Konsta! Can’t wait to get my sleeve… Meanwhile I can’t ship my V to the warehouse for repairs because the address is invalid…

Glad to see that the IndieGoGo backers who missed out their accessories in the first round of shipping are able to receive them soon, but I think you guys overlooked (in my opinion) a group of backers with even more pressing and serious problems - defective devices. Disappointed to see that once again, the update doesn’t mention anything regarding replacement units, and that the support team still has not responded to our support tickets for updates and new information. Please do something about this as soon as possible, stop keeping us in the dark! @Helios @Konstantinos

You’re cutting off Gabon?! Wha- how dare you cut off our beloved senior creator pokemaster?!

Men, PITCHDORKS!

…uh, I don’t actually know where Gabon is. Help, somebody?

Edit: OMFG YOU CUT OFF THE POPE TOO?!

That’s it guys, proof that Mike is the antichrist. READY YOUR HOLY PITCHDORKS!

Removal of South Korea and Taiwan raised my eyebrow. They r the most advanced countries in the list (if I offend others, sorry I didn’t mean to). Shipping is relatively easier than others in the list. I guess the import tax is too expensive?

I am glad that Germany doesn’t have extra fees for electronis just the 19% VAT.

Glad that you don’t count Germany as part of the EU, dear co-citizen (irony)

still no news of any kind about mini-jack’s DAC/AMP update.

Well there has never been anything about it getting an update.

you are wrong. Team said, that they will release bios update to free audio power from this device