Summary of Thunderbolt 3 Docks Tested with V
The following is a quick summary of Thunderbolt 3 docks (not non-thunderbolt USB-C docks) tested with the V, and whether the dock connections work with the V and whether they deliver power to (i.e. charge) the V:
- HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 65W Dock: connections: YES; power delivery: YES (but USB ports don’t work with wireless dongles)
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock: connections: YES; power delivery: TBD (conflicting reports)
- Dell Thunderbolt TB16 Dock: connections: YES; power delivery: NO
- Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station: connections: YES; power delivery: YES
- Startech TB3DK2DPPD dock: connections: YES; power delivery: YES
Standard disclaimer: I do not work for Eve. This is based in incidental reports (below) from the community. I cannot guarantee that a particular device will work with your V. Use at your on risk etc. etc.
Further details can be found in the discussion below…
I recently purchased an HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 65W Dock:
It works perfectly with the V. It charges the V and, without having to install any drivers, I have a network, additional USB ports, and 4K 60Hz external display (using display-port). It should work with dual 4K monitors, but I haven’t tested it with that. It’s nice and light and compact too, and now I just have one connection to the V at home.
Unfortunately, using the dock, I still have the banding issue described here:
I thought it was worth starting a thread of supported Thunderbolt Docks that are compatible with the V. So if you also have a thunderbolt dock that did or did not work with the V, please post here.