The off-topic topic

Winaero talks about this too, may be helpfull:

Winaero
All Ways to Run WSL Linux Distro in Windows 10

Posted: 25 Feb 2019 03:27 AM PST

There are different ways to run a Linux distro installed in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in Windows 10. In this article, we will review them. The ability to run Linux natively in Windows 10 is provided by the WSL feature. WSL stands for Windows Subsystem for Linux, which initially, was limited to Ubuntu only. […]

The post All Ways to Run WSL Linux Distro in Windows 10 appeared first on Winaero.

Positioning for me works just fine, erase button works too in Xournal (note taking app I use), though the right click button (the one close to the tip) seems to confuse it. Pressure levels work too.

When attaching a secondary monitor however, Ubuntu tries to scale the pen input over both monitors resulting in an offset.

While doing some more testing I’m starting to get mixed results. Sometimes I can use the pen and then the touch screen just fine and sometimes the touchscreen won’t work until I use the pen again (or reboot).

Thanks for the hint on the secondary monitor, I had one attached; when I change that, it works fine.
But I also have the effect that the pen disables touch. I haven’t seen cases where that does not happen yet, but I’ve seen that a sleep/wakeup (sleep meaning suspend to ram) fixes that (so I don’t have to reboot).

Oh yeah, you’re right. Suspend does fix the touchscreen for me too.

hey guys… just wondering how much has your v’s battery life decreased worsened performance.
as i’m writing this… my v is on 5% and it has been constantly used since 7:30am (time now is 11:52am) onenote 2016 has been open in the background recording audio, pen input and other stuffs. with 30 chrome tabs open in the background… spotify, word,casio and nelson apps. sceen brightness at 100% with keyboard detached cause it’s broken

I finally found some time to google the issue and found a solution :slight_smile:

To apply it to my ubuntu installation I had to

• install the xserver-xorg-input-evdev package (sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evdev)
  • create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory
  • copy /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d (the manjaro forum suggest to symlink, I prefered to copy as I make changes to the file afterwards)
  • add MatchIsTouchscreen "on" in the touchpad section
  • logout and login again (that restarts X, any other restart of X (e.g. reboot) should do as well)
  • enjoy
    Hope it works for you as well :slight_smile:
    (I think it’s a safe thing. Worst case you break X and have to remove the change on a console or through remote login)

You’re awesome, that fixed it! :smiley:

(Well at least in Xorg, Wayland still won’t cooperate so I guess I’ll stick with Xorg for now. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: Ok, guess I will have to find a way to make it work on Wayland. Xorg doesn’t seem to support proper window scaling on non HiDPI external monitor. (i.e. 1080p 27" external monitor attached to V -> all windows on the external monitor are still up-scaled by 200%)

Hi @Gecko,

how do your scale up? If you configure a screen resolution, it’s likely to affect all monitors.
The xrandr configuration (I talked about in a previous post) is per screen though and works for me (double size of windows on the V screen, normal size on a big monitor).
OTOH it would of course be nicer to have the pen and touch working in Wayland as well. As I’m not using Wayland I cannot help with that.
You’ve seen the note, that disabling touch input when using the pen seems to be intentional (to avoid accidential touch input) and it’s mostly a question of how fast to reenable touch. Might be helpful when searching for a Wayland solution…

first, thank you @Wickedly for the link with the drivers! I will note that for another time I need it.
B/c… :blush: … I don’t knwo why, but the BT problem is gone!!! :roll_eyes::upside_down_face: I don’t knwo why… maybe the V had to “learn” to know its keyboard :laughing:

I just scale up using the standard gnome settings. No idea what it in turn uses to actually perform the scaling.

Does anyone know when the store opens additional payment methods different to crédit card?

Does anyone have the Eve V logo svg file? The old threads are still locked including the one with all the community created wallpapers.

We should make this but good

I’d love for a possible V.2 (VI) for it to be a bit like the Surface book, except for the connector to be Thunderbolt, instead of whatever proprietary connector the Surface book uses. That way you could put all kinds of fancy things into the base “keyboard” while also allowing for a dock like with the Nintendo Switch, where you don’t have to plug in any cable into your device but simply slide it into the dock and boom everthing’s connected.

@Attiq did a similar concept a couple months ago. We will have to wait for the forum redesign to finish to get access to that thread