The most wanted products of 2019!

Because it’s starting to grow.
This year we should have 8cx from Qualcomm and from what I’ve seen so far, X86 is in trouble.
ARM running on native ARM is fast. REALLY FAST.
When it’s emulating x86 to ARM it gets slow, naturally.
But they ran a 4K video on 8cx and on i5 laptop and the i5 lasted 10 hours but the 8cx lasted 16 hours. Huge difference!
Even browsing is so much more responsive and quicker on 8cx with, again, huge advantage on power consumption…
It’s the future.
ARM.

8CX I did not know, thank you for teaching me!

This is good! It also corresponded to PCI-E.
Can Qualcomm acquiring licenses for Thunderbolt 3?I wish Qualcomm could license for Thunderbolt 3.

If we do, EVE can make high-performance, long-running, always-connected mobile PC.
Awesome!
Learning is necessary every time I am old.

You ain’t old!
No, I’m old!
:thinking:
Ok.
We are both
MATURE😎

Very happy to see the community back to normal ! Been a while guys =) let’s have amazing discution on tech/geek stuff that we like soo much =D

Thank you so much for all of your replies in the AIO discussion topic! We can see a a lot of potential there! Now we would like to welcome you to discuss Headphones with us as quite many of you have shown interest based on the survey results! Looking forward to hear your thoughts here!

wishing for more success ,coming after a year,follow the campaign and i want to said couples things,mostly things they had been in my mind.
so what we want or what its more convenient,practical and features,for me i am looking for a gaming tablet-PC:Tablet(Android OS(root),Mediatek SoC (cheap)HDMI in/out or Display port if an Android supported it,LTE capability,refresh rate 120Mhz,Gsync or Freesync,8 or 10 inches display,like the lenovo yoga style with foldable keyboard and besides the others basic things.PC: Windows PC,No Display(using the Android as a display)can’t be to powerful because its portable so middle range SOC or APU betwen 15 to 25 watts TDP, the 15W TDP for portability and get the 25W TDP with docking station(connect to a external big Display,more ports,extra cooling,etc)so i am talking about like small portable miniPC that it’s going to be attached in the back of the android table with a proprietary connector and them is coming the two gamepad controller connected with two telescopy arm that can go in behind the display and you can move to 180degree around half way.
For peoples that are no looking for gaming part,but to me a laptop it needs to be more higher the display because i work in hospitality business and see peoples struggling because the display is to low for visual issues so it can be like the convertible laptop with 360 degree hinge but with a telescopy arm to up and down and for the last about the mouse a tiny one that can be attached to the case when is need it.

Smartphone why not,good price and direct support are welcome.
Smartwatch,no Wear OS, dual mode or dual SoC,full android OS for feature as a stand alone Smartphone( Qualcomm or Mediatek) ,no Bluetooth calling capabilities because Google new policy to protect Wear OS and the other SoC maybe Nordic for feature like; Bluetooth 5.1, NFC,Bluetooth mesh,application for; health(ECG&PPG sensors for heart rate monitor,blood pressure,oxygen)outdoors activities;temperature,UV,barometer,compass, for fitness relate, for communication with the phone with a good companion application trough Bluetooth for get notification,SMS for replay and mostly the most wanted feature the Bluetooth calling and for the last two things about hardware design waterproof and big screen even sunreadable display

Only browsed through the tread at speed. But has anybody mentioned going into home theatre by producing a laser projector? Would love to see someone take on the home theatre giants by creating a hi-tech all in one solution for the living room. Seen lots of mini projectors on crowdsourcing sites, most have been proven fakes and scams.

Maybe it might get shot down here, but it’s worth a try.

Oh yeah, nobody mentioned a smartwatch yet.

If we should consider it, I’d say for the OS have a look at AsteroidOS. It’s Linux based and fully open source with a decent amount of documentation, created by mostly only one person, with others helping porting. It currently supports 8 watches. As a matter of fact my watch is actually running on AsteroidOS. :stuck_out_tongue:

One issue is that it doesn’t have an iOS client yet to sync to but the documentation on how to implement is already in place. It just needs someone with enough knowledge on app creation and device handling on iOS to build it.

Also we should definitly called the device the Eve “Vatch:smiley:

Yeah why not,yeah i know about Asteroid OS,it will be great using thus Linux platform, and with EVE community and developers will come another player,but maybe will we still need a MCU the Nordic semiconductor SoC for the other features and maybe involve more sensors.

I know this is completely off topic of what people have said so far but this is something industry as a whole is lacking.
At work we deal with digital signage and most all industries do as well.
I have two concepts to bring up.

1. OLED display that has built in audio in it (see my posts above about the LG Crystal Sound).
  • Head unit attached by ribbon style cable.
  • Head unit will be power connector, display port adapter (not HDMI, adapters are cheap), Ethernet adapter, wifi, Bluetooth.
  • Bluetooth configuration with APP (common in industry these days with Bluetooth or wifi).
  • The concept behind this device is a digital signage display unit that can provide quality video and sound. It should be connectable through network connectivity (display port exists for it to be able to replace existing digital signage units). It should be thin and fairly portable. All of the connectivity and brains should be in the base unit.
  1. OLED display that runs off of POE.
  • Head unit attached by ribbon style cable.
  • Head unit will be POE receiver, Ethernet adapter, and Bluetooth.
  • Bluetooth configuration with APP (common in industry these days with Bluetooth or wifi).
  • The concept behind this device is a digital signage display unit that can provide quality video with minimum localized requirements. It should be connectable through network connectivity. It should be thin and fairly portable. All of the connectivity and brains should be in the base unit. By making the display unit POE and Ethernet only it will be deployable in far more environments than a traditional display. OLED has greatly reduced power requirements as has current versions of Bluetooth.

Bonus points for flexibility of the display.

Depending on pricing and size I would consider buying these units but realistically if this can be done successfully it would be very effective in all aspects of the business world.

closed #122

The results are in, and can be found here!