The most wanted products of 2019!

Soooo if not v2 then keyboard to V. With build in GPU, small one, maybe battery. Good keyboard that will not scratch screen.

I would also love a V2 of the Eve V, and I’d like it to be artist/photographer-centric

Proposed Changes:
CPU/GPU change: Qualcomm 8cx CPU
Max Memory bump to 32GB RAM
Display support 100% AdobeRGB color gamut
Display factory calibrated without requiring Calman client application
Larger Display with same chassis size, or slimmer bezels (bezels no bigger than the new 12.9" iPad Pros)
Chassis with straight edges so that USB-C cables actually stay plugged in
Full-size SD card slot
Better speakers/subwoofers that are competitive with the new 12.9" iPad Pros
Fingerprint sensor that actually works reliably and fast
Lighter weight for Tablet portion (2.0lbs to something less than 1.7lbs), yet retain similar battery life
LTE connectivity

I don’t think a V2 should be the main priority right now - there are other venues and it’d feel bad for all the people who got a V right bow.

Something like a notebook or headphones are my favored products but I’m interested to see what the community goes with! I’m in for the ride (and as some can see not as an employee of Eve anymore :wink: )

Well, I’ve had my V for about a year now , and pledged for it back November 2016. IMHO, I think it’s time for a refresh :slight_smile: There are many improvements that can be made and I’d be very stoked and excited if there was a V2 by end of 2019 to address the current weaknesses of the current V which by 2018 standards isn’t very current anymore :frowning:

I imagine the Eve V line is a line Eve will want to continue to invest in and improve!

Welcome to PCH International in Eve family!

The storm dissipates little by little, hoping that all the V missing defects will be shipped, that the refunds will be made and that things can finally move forward. J

I’m happy for you Eve Tech!

I’m not saying there should be another V, but if there ever is a V version 2 making it lighter should definitely be a priority. Don’t know how they could do it, but every gram shaved off the tablet would make it easier and more effortless to use.

Not sure about a notebook, but being light and portable it might fit with the general concept of the V. Is there a gap in the current notebook market that isn’t being filled? For me the problem with tablets was that they tend to be too small and not have enough ports. The V filled both of those needs and by also being a 2 In 1 it opened up new usage possibilities I’d never considered. Maybe there’s a similar deficiency with notebooks that’s ripe for innovation.

EDIT: That “Crystal Sound” technology is like science fiction. Even in the YouTube video it was easy to hear the difference between it and regular speakers. Amazing! But like Artur_Jedrzejewski said it’s brand new technology and probably costs a lot.

An important question.
What does @eve-tech want to do?
We can come up with all the best ideas in the world but if EVE-Tech doesn’t want to do it then no one is getting anywhere. So what are some criteria that @eve-tech has? What do you guys want to work on? I’m not looking for a specific product as I don’t think you guys have something specific in mind but some general criteria that we can all work towards (are headphones of interest? is the ultimate keyboard accessory for 2 in 1s a concept [difficult as there are no standards right now]? would you want to make a phone? are 2 in 1s still a passion?).

That one sounds great

An upgrade version of the KB would be pretty, which:

• Built in higher quality (At least no screen scratches)
  • Get BT 5.0, faster speed and better power efficiency
  • Lighter weight or more feature build in like extra storage e.g brydge

As far as I understood the survey, they are really open to anything (from home appliances over smartphones to cars). We should just tell them what WE want. I’m sure there will more steps follow this first survey. It’s a long way to a certain device whatever this would be. I would like to have a combination of a refrigerator and a microwave which can drive me to McDonalds and call the pizza delivery service at the same time… (fkn hell, my stomach flu drives me crazy…)

Yeah, this is just the first baby step. For Eve’s process to work they need as much input as possible, because the crowd isn’t wise until there really is a crowd. Hundreds of people contributing their input, maybe even more.

@darkrealms very valid question!

When we started Eve V project it was the first time doing such a complex product. We had to learn a lot and everything took us a lot of time during the development due to the steep learning curve. Also it was the first time we have crowd developed.

This time around we think it would be great if we could do few simpler projects and one bigger project at the same time to provide community enough different projects to get involved in and for us to be able to improve crowd development process itself.

So to answer your question we are right now very open minded and are very interested to try different product categories out. So as @dibadibadu mentioned we are potentially open to a

As long as there are enough tech enthusiasts around the world having the same need :smiley:

@kevinstreet is right that this is the first step and we will make sure to spread this message out to see what do people really want!

@ktham and @Artur_Jedrzejewski V2 is certainly very interesting for us too as one of the bigger projects as we have a lot of experience in 2-in-1 area

Can’t wait to share the survey results with you :slight_smile: They are pretty interesting actually!

@Konstantinos what do you think about Upgrade Program?

That sounds like an interesting idea, but we can’t really start considering that until we are working on something to upgrade to! I do think it makes a lot of sense! Now we most importantly get started with products and minimize any of the previous mistakes we made.

So I gave you to ideas!

• V2 as above
  • New keyboard, hard one, with 2GB GPU (not for gaming, for artist & graphics) + HDMI out. It should works as a Surface Book one. Should holds V without kickstand. Will not scratch screen layers. I would definitely buy such a keyboard.

There are various markets but EVE comes later. It is unacceptable unless it is quite unique. Good luck try hard in a difficult place.I think that EVE V succeeded because it supplemented the missing surface.

I think that resources are insufficient, so I think that the next project will be only one, but I want you to make 2-in-1 again.

I want a correct evolved V2
・Do not reduce the existing connectors plus
・Full size SD reader
・For TypeC connector both sides support Thunderbolt 3
・The LCD surface does not need the same AR coating as before. Lost and cost down. You can sell the protective film as an option.
Please make Wacom EMR stylus, please.
→AES and MPP have jitter, I can not write slowly.

and I want a mobile monitor with the same design.with 2 screens, the work is quick.

One more
I hope to resurrect Clie (palm made by Sony) with the current technology as a phone.In particular, PEG-NZ90
One-handed operation with jog dial was the best.
Because old sony had Vaio VGN-UX and many fun things. I’d like them to be made with the current technology.

I am certainly interested in the upgraded keyboard people are talking about.

Personally I’d like to see

• Eve Bluetooth ANC over ear headphones better in every way for less
  • A Surface Book competitor
  • eGPU enclosure
  • A Bluetooth dock that essentially connects two different speakers to it self and you would pair your device to this Bluetooth dock so that you can have stereo sound from any pair of Bluetooth speakers lying around.

Interesting, its like a jack splitter, but wireless

Makes sense, since phones dont have headphone jacks anymore

I might be alone on this, but I’d love a premium 2-in-1 Chromebook with at least 8GB of RAM. With ChromeOS adding native Android app support, native Linux app support, and the upcoming ability to dual-boot with Windows, it’s an area that I think has a lot of potential with currently little competition. The only options under 1.5 kg with at least 8GB of RAM is Google’s Pixelbook and Pixel Slate. Wouldn’t really need to go far off the specs of the V, and either changing from a convertible to a 2-in-1 or repurposing the V’s design could make for a quick turnaround.

If we are going with pure dreams : )
I’d like a translucent flexible OLED display with LG Crystal Sound (concept) built in that I can stick on a wall or window (doesn’t matter the curve/shape [understandably no sharp edges]). It has one cable (ribbon style) feeding from an edge or corner (preferably the bottom side) that feeds into a control/power unit and has Display/HDMI/Analog video and audio inputs. A 12v/24v direct power so it can be used on the go with both US and Euro vehicles as a power source. The feeder cable should be detachable on both ends (I know, I know extra bulk on the display : [ but still). Even proprietary is fine but with multiple length options, this is both for replacement and cable pathing.

Thanks, good info.

This will only be possible with BT 5.x, @Lin mentioned that earlier as well.

I think any 2 in 1 at this point will be a refresh/upgrade to current tech. The question is will a dual boot OS sell to the community? I would be interested in it but I don’t know how well a concept like that would sell. Or what that feature would be worth $$ wise to people.

I’m a little concerned about that business model… If its a fridge and a microwave, why are you driving to McDonalds or ordering pizza??
Wouldn’t you want it to drive you to the store to restock the clearly empty fridge ; p

We don’t need to reinvent the wheel or start a new product category. Sometimes the best products come from being able to join different features already present in different products (even in different categories) and come up with something unique and valuable (like the V did).