Observing the community in the past few weeks I couldn’t help to notice a lot of people expressing their frustration, lack of patience, and occasionally straight out aggression towards the EVE team and other members of the community.
While it is understandable to a degree where this is coming from, it is still rather bothersome to observe this lack of compassion and ignorance on this level. And before anyone goes on with abusing their First Amendment rights and flooding this thread with arguments please let me explain to you purpose of this thread and present you with relevant data. I will try to use a scientific approach…
Experiment: Flipping the pyramid – or how to make to make the impossible
A bunch of dudes got together one day and talked about all the crazy stuff they hate about how things are done and handled in our world and how it can be fixed. You know, the same ways all of us smart underachievers do all the time in the comfort of the bubbles of our micro-worlds. Except these dudes were different. They popped their bubbles and went on to change the world around them. That’s how EVE was formed.
The purpose of this experiment is to establish with the reader the monumental and often impossible challenges that EVE team has faced in the past years and to show our (readers) wholehearted appreciation and support. The purpose of this experiment is NOT to express your grievances, dissatisfaction or suggestions for Team’s improvements. You may use the commentary, but please stay within the scope established above!
- no data
- Getting out of their comfortable life bubbles and actually start doing something
- Finding others who share their life views and opinions
- Getting all of these people together in a group and convincing them to get out of their comfort bubbles and work together
- Convincing the group to work on something seemingly impossible and never done before
- Convincing the group to work on all of the above based on belief in the brighter future vs. typical compensation
- Keeping the group alive, together and sane
- Dealing with external pressure, including that from family and friends who would often say - “stop this nonsense and get a real job!” or “Look at yourself son, your mates they got a family and a buying a flat in a few years”
- Love and relationships struggles from all those 100+h weeks with nights, weekends, holidays and sleepless nights
- Traveling into unknown
- Avoiding emotional and physical breakdown
Next to impossible/border line crazy:
- Finding investors
- Finding investors that are actually able to finance the ambitions
- Just in general doing business in China
- Finding a manufacturing partner that actually can do what they say they can do
- Establishing supply chain that can supply the top notch components
- Establishing right connections so you would not get bent over and f….d…
- Do all of the above while sneaking one right in front of big, powerful and all mighty competitors
- Deal with all the fire-drill situations and competition trying to sabotage you all and every step along the way!
(Aggressive pricing + extended time to delivery)/exceptional quality = EVE V
(High pricing – faster time to delivery)/great quality = MS Surface Pro
(Mixed pricing +/- time to delivery)/0* = other 2-in-1 on the market
*Division by zero is not possible; therefore we exclude these outliers from further consideration.
- Community together with EVE team worked relentlessly for over a year to craft a perfect dream device – Pyramid Flipper
- EVE team manages to secure the funding for the whole R&D and product launch
- EVE team finds the right partners and establishes a supply chain to make the dream device a reality
- Together with community EVE team launches a record setting Indigogo campaign where they pre-sell the devices and funds are only used purchase supplies
- EVE team battles the daily hurdles of establishing production and perfecting devices while keeping an unprecedented level of openness in communications
- Prototypes are sent to community for OPEN reviews and bud finding
- All bugs are fixed – no compromises are made!
- Production signed models are extensively stress and age tested
- EVE team is working around the clock catching 30th wind to ensure product success and absolute quality
- In few short years typical friends talk is turned into a star hardware company @Computex 2017
- In several short weeks all the most loyal community members, followers and supporters will start receiving their awesome Vs and the dream of flipping the pyramid will come one step closer!
The purpose of this experiment has been fulfilled as we have identified, quantitated and analyzed the monumental and often impossible challenges that EVE team has faced in the past years.
Dear EVE team, all the super hard working dreamers and achievers who grew a pair to get out there and show us all what can be done, we want to thank you all dearly and sincerely for all the efforts, sacrifices and hardships that you had to endure throughout these years! You’ve certainly shown us that something seemingly impossible can be turned into reality, and you have inspired a whole wave of others to step out there and become more than a small dot in a comfort bubble! Please excuse us for being hard and critical of you sometimes, and please know that we love you and are always there to support you with V and in the new adventures to come!
I invite the whole community to share their personal gratitude and show support for the @Team!