String of Windows 10 update errors

I have a long list of failed Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 with 0x80070bc2 and 0x80070643 errors, and other updates that require “a restart to finish installing.”

How can I fix this? If I need to reinstall or restore a fresh install of Windows, how can I do that on the V?

99% sure this is just Windows being Windows™. I assume its been less than 48 hours since you recieved your V? Just ignore it, it should sort itself out in a day or two.

No, I’ve been on this since January.

Oh. Hmm.

Well then - how long is this “long list”, and how long have you been having this problem?

If you go into “Programs and Features” in Control Panel (not the Settings app), and look in “Installed Updates” in the left column, see what updates you can uninstall. Once you get a few removed hopefully Windows update will start working correctly - fair warning, it may take a day or two for this to occur.

I gave that a try, but the problem remains and I’m still getting a 0x80070bc2 error for the 2018-03 Cumulative Update and 0x80070643 for 2018-01 and 2017-12.

There were two items on the Installed Updates that could not be deleted or selected… “Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4054022)” on 1/5/2018, and "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4048955) on 11/15/2017

I’m considering trying a Recovery Reset and starting again with a fresh slate. Is there anything that I need to know before attempting that with the Eve V? Any specific software, like the screen calibration, that I need to worry about?

not really! the great thing about the V is because they didnt ship it with bloat, resetting it is literally a breeze - it only takes like 10 minutes.

just back up your calibration file (and thats really something you only need to do once, i keep a copy of mine on onedrive).

or you can use this tool here - [v0.1.1.1] Tool and a method for loading Display Calibration on fresh Windows installation

resetting the V is e-z pee-z.

Thanks, I’ll try Jamil’s solution, then yours. Except… where do I find the calibration files to back up? Would that be “MonitorsDB.2.3.sdf”?

MonitorsDB.2.3.sdf

Yep, that’s the one. Personally, i just backed up the whole CalMan folder on OneDrive to be on the safe side.

I had the same problems like you did. Had to do a fresh install of Windows which was quite easy to do. Hope you sort out the problems without needing to do a fresh install.