Straw poll: what headphones have you, do you use?

Please share info about what headphones have you used before or currently use. Would be interesting to see who the audiophiles are.

In ear: I had trelab J1 and now use Galaxy Buds. Otherwise used whatever my phone came with! Normally akg wired earphones
On ear: none
Over ear: Plantronics voyager 8200 uc
Bone conduction: none

1 Like

Wouldn’t call myself an audiophile but here’s what I got:

In ear: AirPods, Campfire Audio Orion CKs
On ear: Koss Porta Pro X, B&O H2
Over ear: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

1 Like

In ear: AKG Y16A (Earbuds)
On ear: Jabra Evolve 75 (for Work), AIAIAI TMA-2 DJ Preset (for DJing)
Over ear: Razer Orca (for Gaming)

In ear: Grazybaby Nano
On ear: none
Over ear: Plantronics voyager 5200

In ear: JBL T160
On ear: Marshall Major III BT

On ear: Marshall Major III Bluetooth

All I ever need :slight_smile:

In ear: Jaybird X2
On ear: Nothing, burn that.
Over ear: Sony WH-1000mx2

I’m not an audiophile by long shot.

1 Like

In ear: oneplus bullets wireless
Over ear: sony wh1000xm2 an hyper x cloud 2( for gaming)

Over ear:

I actually had a chance to try the Stax SR-009S once, an absolutely perfect over the top high-end reference class product for more than 5,000 bucks, but admittedly very pleasing and comfortable.
Also these, which truly blew me away, but still were too pricey at just under 600€, unfortunately: iBasso SR1

One of the reasons I’m excited about Muse is that I’ve never owned anything even remotely audiophile quality lol. I’ve got some high hopes for this project. Here’s most of what I’ve used so far:

Over Ear

• SteelSeries Siberia 800
  • Astro A50 (comfiest thing ever but sound quality was absolute trash)

On Ear

• Sony MDRX05 (expansive and poor sound quality)

In Ear

• Apple headphones
  • Sony MDREX10LP
  • 1MORE E1009-SV
  • Sennheiser CX300
  • Xiaomi Piston III
  • Skullcandy Ink’d

I’m really rough on earbuds lol. I used to keep them in the coin pocket of my jeans, so I would wrap the cable super tight to fit them in there. Now I keep them in my back pocket and they last a few months longer.

3 Likes

Spending 400 bucks on the Bose NC700s makes you pretty qualified!

Strongly disagree. Spending a lot of money on something doesn’t make you qualified for much, if anything. My roommate owns the previous pair of bose headphones and doesn’t care much for the audio quality but bought them for the noise cancelling.

3 Likes

It qualifies him to be in the market that muse is targeting. Therefore his opinion is valid.

Of course his opinion is valid, and I don’t think there are any qualifications needed to be in the market for muse. With an exception of being deaf. That doesn’t make anybody an audiophile though.

2 Likes

I am far from an audiophile.

In ear: Usually the stock earphones that comes with phone.
On Ear: Sony MDR-XB450 On-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones.
Over Ear: Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II

Moved from Sony to Bose, because on ear model hurt my ears when used for long in office. Very happy with the Bose QC 35 ii. The ANC is amazing on this. Only trouble is, I feel it’s too bulky to carry around when you are on the move. Ordered Pamu Slide on Indiegogo this week. Hope that works well. :crossed_fingers:

In Ear: Dutchbudz ( I only really use them for sports)

Over Ear: Bose QuietComfort 35 II

Bluetooth enabled headphones

B&W PX
Sony WHx1000 model 3

More on wired headphones, later

Arnaud D

Over ear: philips Fidelio x2(open backs with really fun sound)
In ear: ikko oh10, best iems I’ve ever owned, even beating my Sennheiser ie800 that costs more than five times as much when I purchased it.

In-ear: Audiofly AF180, Hifiman re400, Nuforce Primo 8, Kinera H3 (briefly, they broke pretty quickly…)
Over-ear: AKG K7XX

Over ear Dt 770 pro 80ohm
Mmx 300
Beyerdynamics t1

In ear. Fiio f9 pro

Wireless. Audeeze mobius