[Step 4.5] Donald Dock final specs

It is similar to this:

Kensington SD7000 Surface Pro Docking Station with Dual 4K Video Output

1 Like

TBH I’d sacrifice 1 USB C + A port for 100W PD Charging

I think having the power delivery be at the 100w tdp would be great to support the macbook 16in and even the new XPS 15 and 17in laptops. whats amazing is that they are able to make a 130w usb-c power brick for the Dell’s. Holy moly

Is “Donald Dock” still alive, or what happened with it?
I’ve been away for quite a while, so forgive me if I missed something.

1 Like

Hi, @gkmess!

Our team is concentrating on Project: Spectrum and Project: V. At the moment, these two sizable projects are enough to occupy all of our resources.

2 Likes

That is ofc understandable.

Still, is there an internal timeline for a target release date? e.g. (approximately) align it with the new V ? That project is far more involved than the dock, so once the V is close to final maybe the dock could ‘catch up’?

If too much time passes, the final specs might need an overhaul again :innocent:

3 Likes

Everything is as it should be, I am just missing a microphone jack.
Furthermore am I a bit worried if it still works when every port is used to full extent or does the speed slows massively then?

Also we have to talk about the price, a dock like this probably comes with a hefty price, doesn’t it?

OWC has an almost perfect dock: https://www.owcdigital.com/products/thunderbolt-3-dock-14-port

Optical S/PDIF is a critical feature. This the only reasonable way to connect your external audio equipment.

Separate microphone connector would be nice also.