Steam, Games, and other Programs Shutting Down

I have been trying to play games with my V but the programs keep shutting down. I was running into issues with multiple programs so decided to try a clean install windows. I then reinstalled steam and the games. The primary ones are Civilization 5 and Endless Space 2. They will run for varying amounts of time. It seems the further into the game, the quicker it dies. They simply stop running. I occasionally have this issue with other programs such as OneNote and Steam itself.

Steps I have taken.

1. Reinstall Windows
  2. Verify integrity of game files in Steam. (No issues found)
  3. Try to troubleshoot the startup through Windows (No issues found)

So…

1. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this?
  2. Any solutions would be great.

Do they crash? Whats the error?
Are you keeping an eye on usage, are they computer intensive?
Are you up to date on updates?

Yes they do crash. For Endless Space 2 it tells me that the program has stopped running and to hit ok to stop it. For Steam it can just appear and then disappear without any error message.

The games can be pretty intensive.

I am up to date on Windows, the programs themselves, and on my firmware and drivers.

Maybe the game is crashing cause the system can handel it? Egpu?

I think it may possibly just have crashed so many times that Endless Space 2 is now corrupted. It crashes the moment I start a new game as well. I am going to reinstall it and then run it on its lowest graphic mode and see if that improves things. The interesting thing is that when ES2 loads it defaults to the highest graphic settings so I wonder if it is a problem of overload. It also runs very smoothly when in game

What does the event viewer say?

Description:
Faulting application name: EndlessSpace2.exe, version: 5.5.1.12319, time stamp: 0x59791507
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.165, time stamp: 0xb0bb231d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388
Faulting process id: 0x2368
Faulting application start time: 0x01d439d5da08ab1c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ca6a43a6-ce05-4920-8687-13c46c6d5e81

Hmmm. Seems like it’s related to memory access.

This looks like either an issue with the game itself or a driver. In the case of the former, I would suggest using Steam’s “Verify Local Files” for each game; if the game install was corrupted it could slowly deteriorate the files as you play. It would also be good to remove and install the latest versions of the graphics and network drivers, and update to the latest Intel chipset.