Status update 8.6.2018

shipping

Hi @Mike, great update and I really hope that Eve can move on quickly with a new investor.

But I wonder whether or when the BIOS update that is promised is coming (and a bunch of new, updated drivers?

I don’t have any news about that currently but will bring it up with the team this week to push this issue to the table.

As for getting information about individual customer’s order, payment, shipping & items -related questions, the support is the only place we have for that. This is for privacy as well as in the best interest of this crowd development community.

If we allowed this kind of support-related questions here, it would rather become a support forum than a nice tech community.

Hi @kaum I just talked with Xinjie and he said the update is almost ready, needs some testing so we can be sure everything works correctly. We’re working really hard and want to make it available as soon as its possible, but only if it really works :wink:

I’m totally agree with you and I didn’t want to use the forum to rise my voice but the support has to respond and this is not the case since 2 months for me…

I’ve been checking my order page every couple days since it was originally estimated 4/6 - 16/6.

Now this has been just changed to 18/6 - 30/6, how confident is eve with actually meeting this target date?

Mine has just been moved too. I’m waiting for the V just because I have no other choice. If the V doesn’t get shipped before this new date I really hope on the “cancellation and refund” option.
It was not a good thing giving too much trust to this. I bought it for the quality that people were describing of this device (and of course for the good price). When I read “January/February shipping” was the first time I understood what the company’s motto meant. I trusted it because I told myself “there’s nothing better I can buy right now”. Then starting to see the shipping date moving forward made me really sad.
I hope I will receive the V one day, perhaps before the next semester. One thing for sure is that I won’t be using neither the discount code nor I will buy anything else from this company. Sad to say but it’s true.
The revolution starts with me. I did my part, when will the others do theirs?

Well if shipping is going to plan why did my shipping date change? What is frustrating is I had a date and now that is changing. I fear that it will change again, can you state that, because none of the previous updates have made any mention of changing dates.

Mine has changed too… When will this waiting be over?

yup, mine changed too… completely unacceptable. I even messaged with them at the beginning of the month as I wasn’t at my home address and they told me it would be closer to the 16th then the 4th. This is even with the overestimation of the ship date back several months ago, and no email communication once again about pushing back the date.

That’s ridiculous. The shipping date has delayed again and again, everyday I keep checking my email to see any update from Eve team, what I receive is only disappointment. Now the date has delayed once again, my patience has all gone. This product maybe is worth to wait. But the company is making a very bad communication and relationship with the customer, they just lose the trust from us. No matter how great the product is, if the customer don’t trust the company, they will never come back for your goods again.
This is the worst buying experience in my entire life. Is it really that difficult to tell the customer the truth? I just don’t understand.

The shipping estimator was a trap waiting to snap from before it was even launched.
But hey, people wanted more numbers to comfort themselves…

EVE never promised the devices would be sent in the given date range, I mean, it literally says estimator
What they did promise is end of June shipping; and for that we have plenty time left.
I’ve always stuck with this: you should assume end of June shipping, nothing else.

I do agree though that by actually setting up the estimator, EVE have of course added to the expectation of their customers and provided hope for an earlier shipment. It seems, in part at least, that hope was false and they shot themselves in the foot. And for that, I do expect them to provide us with a more detailed update describing the reasons for these postponements, and most importantly: if they actually threaten their only actual promise of end of June shipping.

Why’s this different than the end of March promise…or the end of May promise? :thinking:

It’s not, but it’s the only and current promise out there with regard to shipping.
So the whole They changed my estimation, woe is me is premature.
They are not breaking any standing promises, yet.

Though again, the level of communication is questionable given the history. They decided to give people the estimator, they should own it now as well. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out changes would incur more frustration.
That’s on them. If they didn’t want to deal with that, they shouldn’t have launched it in the first place and just stuck with end of June shipping, period. (Which to me personally would have been perfectly fine and much less cause for additional confusion.)

I had written a rather detailed argument against Eve’s misconduct (past and ongoing), but I’ll boil it down to this:

Eve: Try to be more like Amazon. They are a truly successful example you should emulate to the best of your abilities.

• Send customers emails about the status of their orders
    • They shouldn’t be expected to come to the forum for status updates [only to be belittled and have their questions dumped on by rabid trolls/fans]

Well probably we have a different way of thinking. As far as I remember, the previous promises were saying that everything is going according to plan… which plan? To deliver the Vs.

Let me refresh your mind: " We are now on track for End of March Shipping. ", “Those of you who ordered during our flash sale, we have started the shipping process of Vs.”, etc etc (don’t worry there are not from the same email)

By the way, how many promises have been broken so far?

So right now my shipping date has changed. What is frustrating about this, that by the time this gets finished, while I will have a “new” machine, it will be roughly 1 to 2 generations behind anything that is currently in production. It is hardly a revolution when you are 1. Getting a machine that is probably not as good as one of the ones from larger corporations that are readily available and can be serviced by your local Geek Squad. 2. Your tracking and shipping system has been poorly devised and thought out, which makes no sense in the age of Amazon, Every one of us has ordered something online, and have been bombarded by thank you emails, requests for satisfaction surveys, and shipping status. Eve has none of these things. I have taken a chance on believing in your company, and am being let down by the changing shipping dates. I have a credit for an accessory, but I am not confident that I will get it if I order ANYTHING else from you. Please have more additional information in your updates, talk about customs delays, specifics on raw material delays, because right now, I think the only reason you have been delivering defective goods, and had shipping delays is due to lack of financing. If I wanted a defective tablet, or one made of substandard materials I would just buy from a Chinese company directly, not one that is using the same manufacturers to build their tablet.

If so, then why were the shipping estimator dates just changed from “June 04 - 16” to “June 18 -30”?

@Mike
So my estimated shopping date had always been from the 18th to the 30th. Just wondering if that means I’ll get my V even later now…

@GerTomB are you not been no reimbursed by your CC right now?

Just had mine delayed from 4-16 June to 18-30 June. It being the 15th here in Australia I was looking forward to good news not worse. Looks like I might have to seek a refund seeing as I won’t be in the country at the time of shipping, unless of course it gets delayed again.

I just can’t wait to see they announce on 30 June and postpone the shipping to July. See how big the slapping on face would be. You said a promised refund? Yup you may apply a refund and target to receive your money around Christmas.