Spectrum takes very long to wake up and Win acts like it was disconnected

So what I notice a lot, is that the Spectrum takes quite some time till he wakes up.
After monitor was turned off by Win you hear some disconnection sounds and if it wakes up the connection sound.
Win is pretty confused afterwards - it acts like the monitor was unplugged and plugged back in again.
It takes a few seconds to wake up, even longer than my other monitor which I considered slow till now.
Anything that can be improved here?

1 Like

same issue but when turning on. Before firmware 104 it was very slow to detect my pc when i turned it on. i never gotten even a bios screen pop up. 30 seconds to a minute later after turning monitor and pc on i’ll get my windows login screen. firmware 104 did helped reduce the that long delay. Now i have upgraded my mobo to a z390-a, cpu i9 9900k, windows 11 and of course still on firmware 104. its no longer an issue. i turn my pc on i get eve logo. turn on my pc and i will now get a asus boot screen then my windows 11 login screen. my old hardware work fine on my old monitor but not for spectrum. upgraded my board and cpu and it works flawlessly on the spectrum.

1 Like

well I don’t speak of boot time, I speak of the reactivation after monitor was set to hibernation after 30min through the Windows powersettings.

I have this issue, and have had it on both my monitors across all firmware versions. I’ve even gotten an entirely new PC since buying the monitors, and the problem is still present.
The issue has been sitting with support since the beginning of August… not getting much love there. I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll get fixed in a firmware patch, but I’ve heard nothing unfortunately. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey guys,

Further shortened image display time is something we will look into. At the moment, possible areas of improvement include input source auto-detection mechanism and HDR signal display. Related improvement will be rolled out as soon as we can, though it is not possible to provide an estimate due to the complexity of resources involved in implementing and testing related changes.

4 Likes

Thanks @Lore_Wonder, I look forward to those improvements as well, however, I think we may be talking about two different things. This isn’t only about the time taken to come out of sleep, but also that the monitor disconnects from the PC while sleeping/upon wake, so Windows rearranges your window placement and wallpapers because it thinks you unplugged the monitor.

Here’s a video demonstration of the issue that I sent to support: EVE Spectrum ES07D03 Sleep Issue

3 Likes

yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about :+1:

2 Likes

If you’re on Windows 10, look into upgrading to Windows 11 early.

Windows 11 fixes that “monitor disconnects and everything shifts”, so if a monitor disconnects your icons will remain where they are.
I believe only if you remove the display cable would it shift everything over.

Its a bandaid to the slow waking problem, but its better than everything shifting because one monitor turned on first or took too long to turn on.

1 Like

Win11 won’t be an option for until when I have to upgrade - so until 25 I guess :wink: :sweat_smile: