Spectrum | Starting to look like a monitor

1days

31 Likes

more like starting to look sexy… :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Looks great! Excited for Thursday :sunglasses: just peeped the stand in the back too

5 Likes

Just wow.
Even the stand looks fantastic.

3 Likes

Ok, now turn it over and plug it in and turn it on.

Stand looks good btw.

3 Likes

I am happy to see that production of prototypes is already so far, but to be honest, there are things that I do not see so positive about this design change. The first thing is, that although front side of eve spectrum is not visible, and I am not sure if side bezel size and LED placement were changed, but LED does not seem to appear on this photo (these changes are changes which has been discussed before, and most of community that voted voted for these changes to happen), I still do not see plastic cover on bottom of back mount. The thing is that adding plastic cover, with just holes in shape of ports (same as on side), would not add nearly anything to cost, but would make spectrum look nicer, as it is not standard to have these ports uncovered, with silver iron part visible next to port on high end monitors, so would be nice to have this fixed on spectrum. I am also not really fan of how back parts increase in size, as it is just wider, and does not look that good as before, but it still looks good. Although, it would be very nice if eve finds any way to bring that size back to what was shown before.
Apart from that, I am interested to see all the other changes, as spectrum looks like really good, and if price is not going to increase too much anymore also very competitive monitor.

3 Likes

Hey, @Bexin!

We only do crucial design tweaks based on our inspection of samples at this stage of the project, but thank you for your suggestions, and they can be valuable when it comes to the next Gen Spectrum. For LED, as has been discussed before, it can be completely turned off by the end-user.

5 Likes

This is looking really good so far! Can’t wait to see what the update is on Thursday.

2 Likes

Damn son, the bottom shroud of the back mount is the only part of the monitor that you’ll literally never see, except when connecting the display cables or if you tilt the monitor so it faces the ceiling. I’m sure its a design feature perhaps to allow for older dvi cables to be connected. My current monitor, albeit 8 years old, is also without the shroud where the dvi cables connect to.

4 Likes

Not sure if it has been revealed but do we know what the weight of the monitors are? With and without the stand?

2 Likes

It has not been revealed yet. We will provide more information in the upcoming posts (you may decode its date using the teasers :wink:). Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Although spectrum is in stage of prototyping, I still it would be nice to have at least all bezels with same size. For 4k and 240hz model it should be 8/7/5mm, which can make spectrum look bit worse, than if it was same size. It probably is not possible to shrink them anymore, but there is option of increasing size of all to 8mm. It has been already in one poll by community, and most of people voted for it, it is just little change, but I think it is change in front that will be visible in everyday use, and I am not sure why did eve decide to go with different bezel size on sides and on top and bottom.
About the plastic cover, it is really just small not visible change, but it would just be nice to have this change. It is just adding little bit of plastic which should not be problem at any stage, and again, it is small change, but it will just make spectrum look little bit better, so why not.
About the led, I am just scared it will be too visible from front even when off, as in some renders it looks like the LED is sticking of bottom, which makes spectrums shape look little bit different, but I am not sure how willl it really be, and if will not just be possible to desolder it from bottom, as on this gif, I still do not see LED, it should not be problem for anyone to remove it.

2 Likes

I think one alternative, for an eventual second gen of spectrum, or even for next round of parts sourcing, would be to use black painted metal, if it is viable (i.e. if it doesn’t add over than, say, 2 cents per monitor? And doesn’t add time to the manufacturing process, so pre-painted/coated pieces) but overall it does not bother me personally since i’ll never see that part.
About the bigger size of the back (:smirk: :laughing:), it could be caused by the new scaler for the 240Hz and the 4K models which were announced after the design samples, but really I can’t say it makes that much of a difference to me, though I can see how it’s a matter of taste. Anyway it’s just a guess and we’ll have to wait for the official announcement to know the actual reason, I guess.

The thing I’m still wondering about is how to handle cable management with the stand :thinking:

3 Likes

Noted down! :+1: soonTM

5 Likes

This display is shaping up nicely! Super excited for more details!

1 Like

I dont get what you mean with plastic cover.
Could you explain it to me ?

1 Like

If you see the side ports they are surrounded by the black chassis plastic which makes it look more sleek and minimal.
On the bottom side, instead, there are large cutouts and the inner metal chassis is exposed instead of just the ports.

It doesn’t look as much sleek, although depending on the width/thinness of the plastic chassis, it could also be intended to give more clearance to thicker cable plugs

4 Likes

Thanks!
I did not notice that at first.

2 Likes

So, whens the next gif dropping? I think it’s going to be the monitor fully assembled with the stand, possibly showing the height adjustment, tilt and rotation.

2 Likes

There is a regular pattern hidden somewhere, which you may discover. :wink:

1 Like