Spectrum specs and FAQ - First prototypes

You need it to get 4k144 on PC since 3080 and 3090 are only shipping with Displayport 1.4 which limits to 120Hz.

1 Like

yeah DP will limit 4K to 144Hz HDR ( 4:2:2 Chroma subsampling) , instead of the 4:4:4 ratio.
and that’s what i said before
Lg has more feature in their osd, and good warranty and availability
Eve has HDMI 2.1

1 Like

Well, we don’t yet know Eve’s warranty for Spectrum, nor the availability because we don’t know how many units will be made in total. As for OSD, what are these more features? Spectrum’s seem to cover everything.

3 Likes

Is it possible to change the monitor brightness from Mac like LG Ultrafine? Although it might be possible for only certified monitor manufacturers…

3 Likes

Welcome to our community, @Yossi1114! Spectrum supports changing its brightness inside the OSD; we will test whether its brightness can be controlled by the host device such as a Mac.

4 Likes

That would be great!

3 Likes

Are there any test done yet with upscaling 1440p on the 4k monitor?

2 Likes

Tests, as such, are yet to be performed when more advanced firmware enables related functions.

1 Like

Alright I will wait for that, that will determine my choice for spectrum 2 or 3.

2 Likes

Is USB hub going to work even when monitor is turned off? For example if you connect pc to monitor via USB C, and mouse and keyboard via USB A to monitor, will kb and mouse even when monitor is turned off? I really hope so.

2 Likes

Hello,

I almost pulled the trigger on the 144hz 4k model but I’m glad this question popped into my head before I pressed purchase.

Where does this monitor ship to the UK from? How much will shipping be?

I bought a £70 knife from the US recently and it cost me another £30 in customs fees before I could pick it up from the post office.

Any estimation on VAT + import charges + shipping + any other hidden fees?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi, @Lockwud! I hope the following quote helps to answer your question.

4 Likes

Will duties and taxes be included in price for Canada?

2 Likes

It will be determined at a later stage of the project; it depends on where Canada orders will ship. Our target is that shipping will be done regionally to most countries to include duties and taxes.

2 Likes

Toronto or Vancouver would be your best bet. Vancouver would be the closest for shipping across the Pacific.

2 Likes

Ok for wharehouse ans taxes. But me i want to know where the product is build and by who.

i want to know if the product respect environment (distance of delivery), and if the country that build respect human rights, don’t use child worker in factories. things like that.

1 Like

Well… I guess it depends on the factory… but these are built in China lol… which has been associated with child labor. But to be fair, if you have basically anything that wasn’t made in America or Europe or somewhere else that isn’t a third world country, then there is the possibility that it was made by a child. That’s just how things are.

3 Likes

We obviously do not condone any form of child labor and the environment is also on our priorities list. But I do want to clarify a bit on why it is very hard to guarantee such promises.

A business very rarely operates in a vacuum. We can look into the manufacturing of Spectrum (where the assembly takes place) but Spectrum is assembled from products we source from other manufacturers. Since these are our direct partners it’s very likely that we can look around in there as well. But obviously they also need to source their components, etc, etc, etc. And if any in the chain use any form of ethical dubious methods, we can’t really say Spectrum is made ethically. It goes down to the mines where the materials are sourced. If that doesn’t sound hard enough, the same is also required for the tools being used. From the screwdrivers, to the enormous machines used for mass production. And the tools and source materials used to create those machines etc.

There are some great interviews online from Tony Chocolonely and I believe Ben & Jerry’s about this subject. Both producers of less complex end products btw.

This is not to say we shouldn’t try our best to make sure Spectrum is being made ethically. It’s to say we simply don’t have the means to guarantee 100% of it, and thus can’t claim it anywhere. (Even though I would really wish this wasn’t the case)

7 Likes

Hello, is there any update about the project calendar, is the delivery date still be respected (Max December 2020) for model 2 & 3 ? that’s the only thing who’s keeping me from ordering since i want both model 2 and 3.

2 Likes

Getting closer to getting some reviews soon surely. Q4 is only days away now.

1 Like