Spectrum | Firmware 105 Early Access

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. I’m on Firmware 106. I don’t want to install a test firmware unless it is likely to fix my problem though. @nkyadav I would appreciate it if you could report this to the firmware team.

Any updates on the power saving mode? im tired of having to turn off the monitor everyday…

3 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? I’m also using parallels and the firmware updater can’t see that the device is connected, even though I’ve verified that it is in the Windows device manager. I’ve tried both windows 11 and 10 VMs with no success.

Does anyone else have issues with the USB Hub making peripherals unresponsive for a couple of seconds on windows? I’m going usb-b to usb-a on my windows machine and it keeps happening, tried a bunch of different ports on my PC and nothings changed. If I plug directly into PC it’s fine.

No issues for me. I’ve got my keyboard and mouse plugged into the Spectrum, with USB-C upstream to my work laptop and USB-B upstream to my gaming laptop. I played for about 6 hours straight during the weekend and didn’t have a single issue with things going unresponsive.

I’m currently using the PS5.Test5 firmware and have both video input and USB upstream set to auto-select.

Are you using usb 3.2? It works fine for me if I use those ports but if I try usb 3.0 port it has issues

Unfortunately, USB 3.2 doesn’t help much to identify what type of USB port you have. The naming has changed multiple times without any change to the implementation.

Connection Speed USB 3.0 Name USB 3.1 Name USB 3.2 Name Allowed USB Plugs
5Gbps USB 3.0 USB 3.1 Gen 1 USB 3.2 Gen 1
USB 3.2 Gen 1x1
type A
micro B
type C
10Gbps - USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB 3.2 Gen 2
USB 3.2 Gen 2x1
type A
micro B
type C
10Gbps - - USB 3.2 Gen 1x2 type C only
20Gbps - - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 type C only

I’m using a type A to type B cable with my gaming laptop. The spec sheet (PDF) list all of the type A ports are USB 3.0, i.e. the first row in the table.

I’m using a type C to type C cable with my work MBP. The spec sheet lists the ports as USB 3.1 Gen 2.

Neither connection is causing issues with the USB hub.

I should also note that I’m using the 18.02 USB hub firmware, rather than the 17.02 that’s available for download. A lot of people had problems with 18.02, but it’s been fine for me so I’ve kept using it.

1 Like

Haha why am I not even remotely surprised by USB naming conventions being broken, USBC is a travesty for that :joy:

Mine are just labelled USB 3.2 on the back of my PC, and some are labelled USB3.0

Bandwidth shouldn’t be an issue anyway though as keyboard & mouse use hardly any data, and when I unplugged my mouse and tried just keyboard the issue persisted.

I wondered if there was a firmware issue in handling usb 3.0

I updated the usb firmware when I did firmware 106 install, not sure what version that would be.

Hi, you seem to be the most knowledgeable around this EVE forum, what is your thought about the Spectrum crashing with certain images on an Apple M1 device?

Here is a case: Spectrum | Firmware 105 Early Access - #440 by evespectrum

I’m afraid that I don’t have a lot of insight to give here.

This does appear to be an issue on Apple Silicon Macs in particular. I’m not having any issues with the Intel-based Mac that I use for work.

There is a small chance that it might be related to the issue I reported in the v107 firmware thread. That’s being raised to the scaler manufacturer for more information. If it results in a firmware change, it’ll be interesting to see if it helps with this particular issue.