Spectrum ES07D03 | FW v106 and USB Hub FW Updates

I’ve created a dedicated thread for any feedback on the PS5 VRR firmware, where the issues are not directly related to the PS5.

Please leave any VRR test firmware feedback there, so that this thread can be used for v106 firmware discussion.

2 Likes

Just following up on this. I’ve tried connecting over HDMI 2.1 rather than DP and I haven’t had any blanking so far crossing fingers

2 Likes

Is anyone else’s spectrum getting rather warm to the touch after brief usage?

1 Like

What part of the Spectrum? My power brick gets quite warm, but that’s normal and nothing to worry about. The screen radiates a bit of warmth after a while, but nothing concerning. TBH, my Dell laptop throws out more heat than my Eve monitor! :wink:

1 Like

Please fix the usb hub disconnecting on video input switch PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, this has been discussed somewhere (can’t remember the thread) and it’s not possible to fix.

The issue is with the hardware design. When the video input changes, there’s a reset signal sent to a couple of other chips including the USB hub controller. The only way to stop this is to redesign the mainboard.

This isn’t the only place where the Spectrum does things in a way that most people don’t expect. Not being able to show the OSD unless there’s a video input is another example. Hopefully these issues are fixed in some future Spectrum model.

2 Likes

around the LED light/power button

1 Like

Currently, the USB firmware version referred to above ending 18.02 is not available to download from the download section. Only the following previous version is available 06A4 / 0A.89.17.02

Has version v06A4 / 0A.89.18.02 been removed? When will it be added back?
Screenshot 2022-05-19 202841

1 Like

Hi @Geoffrey_Nelson,

We received multiple reports with users having issues with 18.02; therefore, we decided to revert to a more stable version - 17.02.

But to answer your question, 18.02 has been removed and will not be making a return.

2 Likes

That is actually actively being worked on.

1 Like

Is this only after flashing a new firmware recently?

That sounds like an issue. My monitor’s been on for an hour this morning, and all of the bottom of its frame (front, bottom and back) are at room temperature. The LED/PWR area is no different to the rest of the frame.

1 Like

I rolled back to fw105 where it doesn’t appear to happen on video input switch, only when coming out of standby

1 Like