Heya folks, so I’m in a dilemma. I’m looking for a new computer and the 4 most important things to me is (not in any particular order) portability, storage, cost, and battery life. So the CPU itself is not important because I don’t do any heavy tasks besides some compiling and media consumption. The V m3 model almost checks all the right spots but the 128gb ssd is a huge blow, combine visual studios (60gb alone), vm, and the OS and im running tight for space (not to mention any other programs i may need). I’m aware that the 3 variants made were created to show the different tiers in pricing. I 100% do NOT need the i5 model because despite its 256gb sdd, the price (though not confirmed) is a bit high. Considering the early bird was $950 USD it would probably cost considerable amount more.
So Microsoft (here in Canada at least) is selling the SP4 i5 256gb + keyboard for $1170 CAD ($880 USD), probably just trying to get rid of the SP4 to make room for the new SP. The battery life from what I’ve seen is not great compared to the V. So what im wondering is, will the m3 variant eventually be available with 256gb? I’m willing to wait several months, but not more than a year.
So should i just get the SP4 for what i think is a pretty good deal, or just wait and see if the m3 comes with 256gb? Because if i end up waiting, the SP4 deal will probably be gone. All this assuming the i5 variants isn’t priced too high, keep in mind im going waaay over budget for myself for the SP4 as it is.