Sound programs?

Has anyone tried the program Smaart 8 (or some other version of it) on the Eve V? I use it quite often and am wondering how it performs; it lags a little bit in fullscreen on my computer, so if anyone has tried it, what are your experiences? Also, has anyone tried out Pro Tools on the V? Just wondering, I know that requires a lot of power as well.

Ableton would be nice also :slight_smile:

Yeah Ableton interests me as well. And some plugins like Native Instruments Kontakt.

Here’s my standard reply:

#Eve = brand
#V = tablet.

And nope, the team can’t run your software because they’re just people :wink:

Furthermore, we can’t answer your questions because the tablet isn’t released yet… So, remind us when we get at least prototypes to test :smile:

Also I would love to test it with Serato DJ and a controller as well :slight_smile:

I was starting to think I was the only audio geek in here. (I’m not alone, weee)

The reason I want to get a prototype is to test ProTools, Cubase and many others.
This might sound silly, but what worries me most about ProTools is the iLok getting broken when I move the tablet and the USB ports damaged.
I think these programs should work fine (the V has better characteristics than my laptop and they work fine on it) but I want to see if the pen can be useful. I don’t know if anyone here has used a trackball instead of a mouse, but it changes the workflow a lot.

You see, I mix sound in live applications a lot, so I use analyzers like Smaart a lot. If it were on a tablet, I am looking at the benefit that I can carry it around different parts of the venue, to analyze the sound there.[quote=“WhiteForrest, post:6, topic:5536”]
This might sound silly, but what worries me most about ProTools is the iLok getting broken when I move the tablet and the USB ports damaged.
[/quote] Actually, I agree with you on that, since this is a tablet and prone to moving around a lot. Also, I do use a trackball. I started using it on my linux laptop and never changed since. It really betters my workflow! Although, if I get the Eve, I would probably test it with Microsoft’s gesture mouse, since I probably have one lying around somewhere.

It would be interesting how stable Ableton and Serato are in live situations… :slight_smile:

How does one have a microsoft gesture mouse probably laying around somewhere? :smiley:
(honest question)

My dad got one so I used it and then I changed to a trackball that was lying around his house so now that gesture mouse is lying around somewhere but I don’t know where :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you can ask here Winner of the prototype testing! if someone could try it out.

I suggest asking it here:
http://eve.community/t/prototypes-things-to-test/5498
I opened this thread specifically for this purpose, and all the suggestions posted there will be collected and stored in a concise way so that they don’t get lost or forgotten :slight_smile:

Upps, sry. Forgott about that thread :sweat_smile: