SHIFT13mi tablet computer

Interesting development of a new 13" detachable tablet computer by German tech company SHIFT.

Specs include:

13" FHD+ touch display
Active stylus support
11th gen (Tiger Lake) Intel Core i5 cpu
16GB of RAM (upgradable to 64GB)
500GB SSD
Windows 10 or Linux
Wifi 6
Bluetooth 5.0
Type C Thunderbolt 4
Modular concept with replaceable dual m.2 SSDs, RAM, battery, keyboard, and motherboard

Other notable features include a recessed keyboard with built-in storage for the stylus.

https://shop.shiftphones.com/shift13mi.html#product_tabs_description

4 Likes

Image source: SHIFT

By looking at the picture, its keyboard layout does not stand a chance against my v5.0 layout for the new V.

I noticed the new V has a tremendous competitive advantage against the SHIFT13mi for the following reasons:

(The new V potentially adopts:)

• 280 PPI vs < 200 PPI;

• A large TrackPad vs no TrackPad;

• Slim bezels vs thick bezels;

• Kickstand vs limited viewing angles;

• Ongoing crowd-development vs just pre-order.

It looks like a piece of cake! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I believe it’s more of an Apple iPad Pro competitor than with Surface Pro or Eve V.

What was interesting was that the V is also modular. I like the recessed keyboard with pen storage on the Shift13mi but I wouldn’t buy a 2-in-1 that doesn’t have a trackpad in the keyboard.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. If windows had more apps and a good UI for mobile devices that eliminated the need for a trackpad then I could see this being a really good device. Is Linux any better at that?

Shift is unfortunately a bit of a coming soon ™ company, if you are in for delays and setbacks, go ahead.

So it was/is EVE …

3 Likes