Salaam! I'm Hadi

As Sallamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu. May the peace, mercy and blessings of God be upon you! My name is Hadi. I’m a college student majoring in computer engineering. I’m one of those people who know about technology more than the average user but not as much as the experts, but I hope that I can change that. I love startups and young companies that shake things up and make waves. Was really into Tesla and Oneplus early on. Haven’t upgraded my laptop in a while, older HP Envy Touch 15 Inch with i7-4700 and nVidia 740m I think. I get like 1 hour of battery life out of it. Really wanted a surface pro or book but then heard of this and I dig it. It’s about time someone made this. I can’t wait for Eve to make a surface book replacement too.

Proper 1 liner update! [10.08]

Mualaikumsalam!

where are you studying comp E?

Wa-Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu Akhee, welcome to our community.

Welcome! Its awesome to have you here.

As a friendly reminder, The Community Guidelines https://eve.community/guidelines mentioned that public posts should be written in English. I hope you dont take this personal :slight_smile:

Wow, thats atrocious. Have you checked the battery wear level? I think simply replacing the battery would boost the battery life by over 300%.

Otherwise, you may want to consider a clean install, especially if you havent uninstalled the bloatware that comes with your PC

Hello Hadi!
Welcome aboard and best wishes with your studies.

Sorry about that, I’ll keep it in mind.
Yeah I thought about replacing the battery but this laptop is like 4 years old and had an expected battery life then of 4 hours. And now it’s not optimized and running Windows 10 which it isn’t made for so I doubt it’ll get much more of a improvement. I also had a separate laptop with terrible battery life that we swapped the charger and battery twice and never saw any improvement so I am not that trusting of that as a solution anymore.
And I’ve factory reset it a couple of times already. It came with Windows 7 and I don’t know how I can get back to that.

Saint Louis University

Hello and welcome to Community! :smiley:

Normally your Laptop should work better with a clean Windows 10 than with 7 :wink:
Since the creators update my 6 year old Sony Vaio seems to be working better than ever :slight_smile: It even is sometimes quiet and cool with my first Generation i(Toaster)7
Sadly the battery never lasted more than 1 hour though :joy: