PS5 Warzone/Cold War 4K 120hz?

I’ve tried enabling 120hz in Cold War but is greyed out in the settings anybody had any success gaming with 4K 120hz? Any help would be appreciated thanks Spectrum community.

1 Like

Hey @Netti,
Do you have performance mode enabled on your PS5? In the game, and app settings from the PS home screen. If not, enable this, and when loading up either game. They will load in 4k @120hz.

3 Likes

You’ll need to be using the original PS5 HDMI2.1 cable and ensure 120hz output is set to ‘automatic’ in the screen settings on PS5.
If those basic things are done and you’re still having issues then please update.

2 Likes

You need to enable 120Hz in the system on Series X or performance mode on PS5. It will then run up to your displays native refresh. That option is intentionally greyed out.

1 Like

I think we’ve got this solution nailed, fellas. :joy:

2 Likes

Is 4K@120Hz really possible in Warzone with the Series X? When I run the xbox on 4K@120Hz Spectrum reports a constant 120fps which feels more like 60Hz possibly because the frames are duplicated, but when I turn the resolution down to 1080p@120Hz then it seems to be working with a high refresh rate. The fps counter from Spectrum reports fps from 90 to 120 fps during a match and I doubt that it’s possible for 4K to perform better than 1080p.

I’ve just received my spectrum and I’m not sure if I’m missing something but I wasn’t able to get the 120hz from ps5. When I go into the video output menu in ps5 it still reads as 60hz. I’ve updated the firmware too

You are using a hdmi 2.1 8K ultra HDMI cable right?

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Piotrowski,
Be sure to enable performance mode in your game/app settings on the PS5. Once you have loaded up a game that supports 120hz it will automatically change the display to this refresh rate. You can also double check the video output setting (on the PS), after loading a game to ensure its changed to the refresh rate, or by enabling the framerate counter on Spectrum.

3 Likes

Thanks @ReignDespair Ill download a game like Warzone and see how I go. I borrowed my brothers PC and found that connection showed 120hz so i don’t think it’s the monitor. I also have a certified 2.1 hdmi cable.

Just gotta get a good game for it to test the Spectrum’s power!

There is nothing like Warzone out there. I strongly recommend it. The bad part about the game at the moment is all of the hackers. At some point, I believe they will implement an anti-cheat.

Warzone isn’t a game that you’ll learn overnight. It will take months to get better. It will take you a long time to get a win, because its challenging, but so rewarding. It’s like making the perfect golf shot.

1 Like

Did you get this to work? if not let me know and I’ll have a look. I have 1 ps5 game that support 120hz but at lower resolutions (Blacks Ops Cold War).

1 Like

Yes! Can confirm Warzone does register 4k @ 120fps on ps5. The spectrum menu also shows it’s resolutions as 3160x2160@120hz too.
It looks unreal and the experience is even better.

7 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback been running 4K at 120 this past week and it’s running flawless with HDR in too!! NettiClapsCheeks add me in the warzone

2 Likes

Does the Frame rate counter work with ps5? Mines is constant 120. Thought it should fluctuate?

Ya, I noticed the same thing on my PC. Frame rate is stuck on 144 even though 3rd party FPS counters show fluctuations. Makes it a pretty worthless feature if all it does is show you the max refresh rate you have set.

1 Like

I’ll check and make sure I’m up to date on software tomorrow, to rule that out.

enable VRR on your device and it should work to show proper frame rate on the monitor

1 Like