So, now that we know prototypes will ship next week, it's time to tell me what you want me to test on the prototype!
I can't say I'll test everything, but I want to do as much as I can for the product and the community. Other testers can feel free to join me on this, or just test on their own will!
So, here's my short list so far:
- Ubuntu (I'm not a very advanced user, but I can at least see if it's working or not, and what drivers are missing)
- Using the pen for note taking
- Some gaming with the integrated graphics. I don't have an eGPU so can't test that, but I think the results of internal graphics can be useful too. They're not that bad nowadays
- Running Visual Studio and other resource demanding applications. There was a thread (http://eve.community/t/which-software-do-you-want-to-see-tested-on-the-v/4380) about that, so I can try some other software from there too, but I think Eve team will take care of most of it
- BIOS settings. This is often overlooked in ultraportable devices, but I think we all deserve to know what's under the hood
- Absolute power consumption under various levels of load
- You tell me?
So, if you have any requests, please let me know!
Things suggested so far:
- Spotify local install + media keys
- SSD benchmark
- Comparison of M3 and i5 graphics (can't do both, but if someone with a different model provides a benchmark too, we can compare them)
- Battery life:
- Streaming video
- Full brightness, "normal" usage
- Kickstand quality
- Cameras, microphone, speakers
- Display brightness issues, comparison with other devices, outdoor readability
- CPU benchmark
- Headphone port - with and without external amp
- Weak signal WiFi
- WiFi transfer speed
- Ubuntu: Nouveau vs. Intel HD driver
- Pen: jitter test (slowly drawing lines with a ruler)
- Media keys (Foobar, VLC, MPC-HC)
- Is the magnet of the keyboard strong enough to hold the V?
- When Fn Lock is on "media functions first": do modifier keys (ctrl, alt, shift) work with F1-F12 keys without additionally pressing fn or the need to toggle fn lock?
- List of hardware
- List of BIOS options
I will try to fulfill as many requests as I can
Things that are unlikely to be tested by me:
I would like to encourage other testers to pick something from this list if it grows significantly
Others who agreed to help:
- drawing (using pen)
- display calibration
- program management
- macOS Installation
- Drawing (art)
- HP Thunderbolt 3 equipment
- PXE boot
- WiFi transfer speed to/from NAS