This post serves to show the current status and history of the V, a 2-in-1 tablet and laptop computer developed by Eve and its community.
Crowd-development is still underway
You can find everything about this project and participate in the Project: V development category of our forums.
We’re still working on the specifications
The feedback from the first-generation V gave us a pretty good indication of where we want to go. But we’re always checking in with our community!
We’ve only just kicked off this project, and so very few things have been confirmed yet… But these are the provisional specifications so far:
|operating system||Windows 10 /
Windows 10 Pro
|aspect ratio||3 : 2|
|3.5mm minijack||headphone / speaker output
audio jack amplifier
|SD card reader||SD, SDHC, SDXC, SDUC|
Product is still in development, specifications may be subject to change.
We are still working out details and features. You can join in on this discussion here.
We’re in the process of deciding the looks
Design concepts for the keyboard were just released! You can join in on the discussion here.
- Members of the Eve team travel to China to discuss a new 2-in-1 project with our manufacturing partner.
- The project is revealed publicly in a short tease.
- The first sequel project from Eve is officially kicked offt!
- Making sure our new device would have the best name ever, many names were suggested, and voted on.
- Using our in-house design team for the first time, we posted initial design directions of what the look and feel of our device could be.
- Turns out we already had the right name, the follow up to our V will still be called V! We also discussed some specs like ports and cooling.
- Flu season hit the design team hard, but that didn’t keep them from coming up with awesome design concepts.
- We took a deep dive into the features, discussing wireless systems, cameras, and system memory
- Based on your feedback, our design team was able to pick a direction to base development on. We shared some design files to illustrate the three-dimensional puzzle we are faced with as we try to combine form and function.
- We’ve got a new supplier for our pen and touch tech, to ensure the best possible experience for artists and note-takers everywhere!
- The first design concepts for the keyboard cover are revealed, focusing on different edge finishes.
- Combining what we’ve learned about keyboard preferences so far with what we’ve learned from keyboard manufacturers, we’ve put together a survey to see how important certain keyboard features are to you.