Project: V | Recap, adjustments & FAQ

It’s beautiful and extraordinary all that! but when is it of the update of the firmware and drivers of the first v? For info the bios version 0.41 is still in beta since marth 2019…

1 Like

The product looks good, premium and sleek, unfortunately i won’t consider it since there are sadly no AMD Ryzen Mobile version of it, maybe the next V will have such options who knows :smiley:

I will keep you posted if/when the V team contacts me about this but I suspect, it is much too early at this stage for this type of discussion. There is still going to be a lot of work to do before the first builds are assembled.

2 Likes

This video may be very interesting:

Seems like the power limit of the i7 may be a issue.

3 Likes

oh… that is bad… really bad… hope that we can have a bit more than 20W available for the CPU…

5 Likes

Yeah, if you pay more you should get more.

3 Likes

I think that is intel problem as the power limit is the same for both cpus!

Maybe if they offer a tiny upgrade to 1185g7 we can have a tiny better performance as the GPU clock to 1.35Ghz but that will be damaged by the power limit that is again at 28W

2 Likes

If we can have i7-1185g7 upgrade, please also consider implement vPro features in BIOS.
vPro is not must have feature, but I would like to have EVE V under AMT environment control.

3 Likes

Apart from warranty, what about the possibility to get service on it ?
My only option was to buy another V a year and a half ago when I lost touch and pen, that’s not very ecological or practical…
Will there be any improvements on that front ?

Keyboard and pen compatibility for V1 pens and keyboards ?
I have seen posts about V2 to V1 compatibility, what about the other way round ?
Will my V1 keyboard and pen be compatible with the V2 ?
I would guess that as the V2 doesn’t include an autonomous keyboard, there won’t be a way of charging the V1 keyboard if ever it attached to the V2 ?
I would guess that bluetooth is an option, but no way of charging the keyboard, right ?

The original V keyboard can only be charged via the pogo pins, unfortunately. The keyboards will most likely only be compatible with the V they shipped with. The new V will not have bluetoooth, but sometime after shipping they will add the option to purchase another keyboard with a battery and bluetooth.

2 Likes

In case of warranty issues, the first step is always to contact our customer support team – they will be able to inform you of the options available based on your specific case.

2 Likes

There’s no planned compatibility between v1 and v2 for pens and keyboards. As for warranty, we hope that there will be a warranty on the v2.

The current warranty policy for Eve products can be found on our website . As we near the shipping date, we will add more new V-specific terms.

2 Likes

The Microsoft Surface Pro 7+ was not a good product, I returned in 10 days. The interesting part, and the reason why I’m posting this here, is that it was almost entirely down to software. The hardware was polished, though the monitor had a lot of edge bleed and the battery didn’t last a 4 hour working session.

My experience with Windows 10 on the 7+ was buggy, slow, not user friendly, and frankly frustrating. Notifications could not be dismissed with touch, and tabs not closed with the shipped browser. It goes into some kind of sleep modus (which was surprising for a tablet to me) which it took long to get out of, and the menus take almost halve a second to open (in settings for example). Generally the UI didn’t seem close to the level of UX of Android, Gnome, or IOS. It took a lot of tweaking to keep the anti-virus from eating my resources (something my touch desktop running Linux has no issues with), the updating interrupted me multiple times during work (something that’s just shocking coming from an Android tablet and Linux desktop), and default apps have basically zero features (luckily it was almost as easy as in Linux and Android to install apps now).

1 Like

Just a thought… Why doesn’t someone come up with an adapter to charge the original V keyboard via USB-C? It should have a V-like socket to receive the keyboard’s pogo pins, as well as USB-C. I have no idea what else is needed in terms of charging protocol. I’d buy one, anyway, since my V1 is still very much alive, while numerous V-keyboards have died along the way.

4 Likes

The base V with keyboard and pen is 2,064.15 Canadian dollars before taxes and shipping charges! I have no doubt with the 4K screen it’s a great device however it’s far too expensive for me. The original upside down pyramid concept has lost the value component in the case of the new V IMHO. I am sure there are others that find the form factor and 4K worth the cost and I hope it does well, however I had hoped for some more affordable options.
My 16 month old slim and light, gaming laptop with Nvidia GTX 1650, 1x500GB SSD, 1x500GB NVME M2, 15.6 FHD screen, backlit keyboard/touchpad, USB-C, full size SD card slot, 1080 HD webcam, Ryzen 7 etc. cost me 850 Canadian dollars before tax. I just don’t see the value in the V with Intel Iris Xe graphics etc. I know they are a different type of device with the 4K touchscreen and portability etc. but the price is just too up there.

3 Likes

@Tproveau
You have some very good points, and while I do agree that the new Eve V is an expensive piece of Tech.
I personally think for the kind of product you are receiving; it’s definitely worth the money. For me personally it’s something that I would never be able to afford on my current income. I can only afford the Spectrum, because I put money aside for the PS5, and a new monitor for release.

5 Likes

Yes it’s probably worth the price, I just think a lower end entry level unit should have been in the choices. A windows tablet with 8 GB and 256 GB and FHD screen is still a great tablet for many many users and many cannot afford the 16 GB, 500 GB, and 4K lowest choice as entry level. Now if it actually had Nvidia or even AMD/Ryzen graphics instead of Intel Iris I think it would be more worth the money and the other high specs. The base right now with taxes and shipping is about the same price for me as a new 5th gen 12.9 inch iPad Pro with magic keyboard and Apple pencil. Now I can’t justify either right now myself, however for a powerful tablet I would likely choose the iPad Pro.

3 Likes

120 hz and a kickass OS… it’s a big task to compete against that

1 Like

Having a fan, without the ability to clean it is just going to piss people off. I realize that you want the new V to be sleek like its predecessor, but you cannot be adding mechanical single-points of failure without the ability to fix them.

3 Likes