Project: V | Keyboard Focus

Eve have confirmed that there will not be a non-US keyboard for the 2021 V even in the future. Therefore, if you want a non-US keyboard, you will need to look elsewhere.

1 Like

I guess it is just not doable at the current price. So this is unfortunate that they cannot go beyond US keyboards - unless (I guess) with much higher cost! But which customer would pay much higher cost just to get a German or French or other keyboard layout.
I guess that EVE will learn from it, I don’t know if there will be another kind of 2in1 or so in future by EVE.
But most probably unfortunately I won’t be a customer anymore, but for other reasons than keyboard: I am in the US and did not even purchase a keyboard, I was interested in a tablet. (I have another 2in1 laptop which serves me for typing like right now).

1 Like

Well you have to pay more anyway. You have to buy something else from someone else anyway. For example the brydge keyboard cost around 180€ anyway.

Hmm. Anyone knows a good adapter which can be used to convert the pogo pin to a usb port?

Remember the pogo pins are proprietary - i.e. unique to the V2, so you’re not going to be able to buy anything “off the shelf”. You’ll need to make it.

1 Like

Sure.

Check the following 2x images.

The first image is from an international keyboard I adapted with a sticker provider. (since I was expecting (amost 2 years) for a portuguese keyboard)
You can notice the keys I changed with the stickers (e.g. Ç, E, top row, …). Had to work with the provider the correct size to cover the whole individual key, letter type and they got me a nice set.
You can also notice on Z and X key something I added. The < and > characters. I added this to these keys and modified the windows keyboard mapping to add new AltGr+Z and AltGr+X to give me those chars.

This image is from the original portuguese keyboard I finally received.
The most obvious differences are the ENTER key and the dedicated < and > key.

Since we don´t have a standard portuguese keyboard, the idea is to have the international keyboard without the keys printed. Pure blank (meaning only the black plasting). With that I could ask for a complete character set like the ones from the first image, white on transparent background withou the need to cover phisically the whole key.

EDIT: Detail key sticker

You can see the sticker covering the whole physical key

Regards
Amandio

Check this image

This is a complete set.
Since the original keys are present, it was made to cover the whole physical key (it could be shorter than the physical key, but this way looks better :-))

EDIT: Detail key sticker

You can see the sticker covering the whole physical key

Regards
Amandio

3 Likes