Project: V | Keyboard Focus

About the Pen, Microsoft shows a Vid with improving the Ink in Windows 11 (Edge)MS Edge Ink API
I’m not a Dev, so my question is, will this also work with the Wacom Protocol special if MS improves the Ink API for Desktop Programs.

1 Like

Hey, @Liquinvest!

According to the article you linked, this Edge ink API improves pen latency by shortening the time between a pen input is registered and displayed on the screen. Instead of taking the traditional route of letting the browser process the pen input and then forward the result to the web application, this API allows Windows compositor to draw the ink strokes and display them as soon as possible. Because this enhancement takes effect after a pen input is registered, it seems that it will not be limited to specific protocols. Nevertheless, we’ll still get in touch with Wacom for confirmation.

3 Likes

Hey, @cathcam - just wanted to give you a quick update. In addition to the spill test I mentioned above, we’re also stipulating that there is no warranty for water damage to any of the electronics (including the keyboard). Replacement keyboards will be made available for purchase.

Hey, @BMac5620 - the keys and legends on the keyboard will be laser etched, and this is the only option we’re able to manufacture.

1 Like

Hello All!
Today I got some sad news and I would like to know if anybody else got the same news…

Due to the global pandemic, the UK keyboards will not be produced and I have the only option of US keyboard…

Can EVE at least send a screenshot of the available keyboards layouts? Is it just US?

That would be a really big disappointment…
They seem to be late on delivery and by the time I will get it, other big companies may have a similar for the same or less money!

3 Likes

Yes, as @ChrisKoups said, the keyboard will be only produced with the US layout. :frowning_face:

Could you confirm if this the only layout for the keyboard? @nkyadav

Thanks

Hey, @ChrisKoups & @Toxic_caos,

We confirm that US (ANSI) will be the only layout for the Keyboard. COVID has led to a drastic increase in the minimum order quantity of our manufacturer, and as a result, layouts other than the US did not meet the new requirement due to demand. As this is potentially a crucial purchase decision factor for many of our customers, we reached out to those affected directly via email. In addition, we’ll mention it in our upcoming Project: V topic.

1 Like

I also received this email yesterday.

This is a real letdown for me, as I need the V to write long texts in German.

The German keyboard layout not only differs from the ANSI one in terms of umlauts and the german ß, but it also has a completely different placement of keys.

Now I have three options, the first one would be to take it and change the layout in the Windows settings (will lead to confusion because all symbols are in different places), the second one would be to exclude the keyboard from my order and use an on-screen-keyboard (I won’t have a screen cover and OSKs are bad anyways), or to cancel my order and buy another, most likely not as great convertible.

I have been waiting for two years to receive my V, and was one of the first people to pre-order.

My question is:

Is there ANY chance that I would be able to buy a German layout keyboard anytime in the future?

4 Likes

Hey, @nkpp,

It is unlikely. Apart from an on-screen keyboard, a third-party Bluetooth or USB keyboard may also be a viable alternative.

This is not a real alternative. I decided on eve because i would get a complete package but that is no longer the case, it is a very, very big limitation for me. And I don’t know if I can make this compromise.

2 Likes

Note also that bluetooth/onscreen keyboards do not function with BIOS and the bitlocker PIN, so if you want to change the boot drive, change BIOS settings or have a bitlocker PIN, you must have a USB-C keyboard (if you don’t have the Eve US keyboard with Pogo pins).

I am in the same situation like you.
I really need the german layout keyboard.

This was a real dealbreaker for me, so i decided to ask support for a refund.

Yes, I would imagine that most people outside the US will cancel their orders. One problem is that you can’t even use stickers as a possible solution because the keys are positioned differently with the single-key height enter key.

Without a german Layout, I’m out will see whats Microsoft will present on 22 September. EVE2 looks now it is perfect only for US Clients.

3 Likes

I was one of the people affected (I wanted a UK keyboard). However, the keyboard on my V 2017 failed some time ago and I’ve been very happily using a cheap wireless USB keyboard from Jelly Comb since then. Despite being cheap I find both the keyboard and mouse good to use so will continue with that setup.

Far more of a problem for me is not being able to get the new V with a UK charger.

Note that the V2 doesn’t have any USB-A ports so you’ll need to use a dongle if you’re using a keyboard with a wireless receiver.

Actually, one should ask for a refund as a matter of principle…

1 Like

Bugger! I hadn’t thought of that. Ah well!

Will ever exist a Portuguese keyboard layout?
Will be difficult to go for the new V without it…
Regards

Hey, @ampsousa

Unfortunately, we are only able to offer the US ANSI layout.

HTH

What about a “blank” keyboard with an agreement with a good quality key stickers provider? Invest on finding a good quality key white transparent sticker and make it available to customers.
For this to work, there should be an option for a “blank” keyboard, to just stick the letter/character it self
Your thougts?

1 Like