Project: V | Configurations and pre-sales launch!

Hey, guys! We recommend you contact our support team for questions about your order. They will be able to look into the situation and give you an appropriate response.

1 Like

I would like to pre-order, but need to see the keyboard layouts!
Are there pictures of the layouts please? I find conflicting information on the internet, having official picture would help greatly!

1 Like

What is the weight of the unit (ideally with and without keyboard)? I may have missed it but couldn’t see it in the specs.

1 Like

I feel bad, as a owner of a Surface pro 7, looking at those magnificent specs just bring tears to my eyes. Having to sell my device to acquire that beauty wouldn’t be reasonable, would it?

2 Likes

https://eve.community/t/project-v-revealed/24557/129?u=icarrizal

Cool cool cool. Still early. But glad I snapped one up. Went with the big daddy, but without the lte.
That sucker should be a beast. And it’s not much more than my Dell refurb. (The base price was lower tho).

Now about that dock…

2 Likes

The keyboard is currently under development; we will write more about it when we get further questions to ask you guys or more of the layout get confirmed! You can read our latest topic about the keyboard layout!

As we are still in the early stage of development samples, the final product’s weight is subjected to sizable changes. We’ll share more info at a later stage of the project!

1 Like

LOL - Did the same thing. I went for the top (minus one) version, I still haven’t filled up the SSD on my Eve Gen1. Really looking forward to the Gen2.

2 Likes

Thank you, I placed a pre-order, I hope closer to shipment, I can change keyboard layout, once it is finalized, if I decide International ISO is better choice?

2 Likes

It should depend on which language you usually type. ISO is widely used in many parts of Europe; ANSI is used primarily in the US and part of Asia; JIS is used in Japan.

1 Like

Just confirmed the order for my wife’s V as well.

Now we wait :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Now we play the waiting game.
I wasnt even thinking on preording this…but as I saw the announcement and the prices…
I went to fast to it and selected the wrong keyboard… I selected US but wanted and ISO UK/FR/ES. Can I change it?
My V v1 is still going strong… kind of a shame that we don’t have a PT_PT Portuguese layout now.

1 Like
  1. i miss information about the weight - there is no info about it on the specs page.
  2. but what i really hate about Eve 5 are the cameras - in the year when almost everyone spends all the time videoconferencing having 720p front facing camera is a bad joke. I do have Surface Pro - several versions - for 5 years and i have probably NEVER used back faced camera, i would prefer such device even without back facing camera, but very high quality front camera. And if i would really need for something the back facing one, i could easily use some 1 dolar plastic triangle with a mirror clipped on the top of the tablet. So it is nay for me now :frowning:
1 Like

What screen panel will be in the preordered V (1080p or 4K)?

1 Like

The new V will feature a 4K HDR panel from Sharp. You can read more about it on our website.

2 Likes

Please submit a support ticket on our website, our support team will help you change your order.

2 Likes

I am in Canada so only English. However I am also a software engineer, and sometimes I am wondering, if the different Enter key layout, and surrounding keys, wouldn’t be easier to use when writing code - like, perhaps semicolon is easier to access than ANSI layout? I am really not sure.

Thats the only factor for me.

1 Like

Hi there
I didn’t see “What’s in the box” section and there was no mention of eg power source in the blurb. Are the power source, charging cable and at least one international adapter NOT included in price? If not, I guess I need to add another $50 - $100 to the price.
Moi

2 Likes

Considering I got the “The first 500 units are gone!” message after I placed my order, I’m hoping this means I got that “first 500” price! :slight_smile:

V - Intel Core i7 CPU-16GB RAM-1TB SSD / $1439 I can hardly wait for Q3 next year!

(Do we get a special #/500 inscription like last time? That’d be cool :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

At the time of Spectrum’s pre-sales launch, its estimated delivery was Q3 2020. It’s current estimated delivery date is now Q1 2021 at the earliest. Is there a risk that there could be similar delays for the V2 beyond Q3 2021 (e.g. pushing that into 2022)?

2 Likes

Are there any other keyboard localizations foreseen ? (Belgium French in my case)

1 Like