Project: Spectrum | Timeline Round Up -- Shipping Around The Corner

When will the invitation for the remaining payment of the QHD 240Hz monitors be sent ?
Cant wait to have my 3 QHD Spectrums on my newly ikea alex/karlby desk

4 Likes

Hey @Spieleheinie,
At this time our full attention is needed to make sure the 4K model ships as quickly and as smoothly as possible. Once that has been taken care of, we’ll turn our attention to the 240Hz model, and of course we will keep you informed along the way.

4 Likes

Thanks! I will wait then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How are those payments going?

Has someone already received the email?

Reserved 4K model in February 2020 and nothing yet!

2 Likes

I haven’t received a email to finalize my payment.
I’ve been looking to receive it sense this morning.

Related questions

Hey, @nitz_Japan!

After looking into eARC support, we found that, sadly, Spectrum’s scaler cannot support this optional feature of HDMI 2.1.

4 Likes

Yesterday I finialized my pre-order for a 4K 144 Hz Spectrum! I ordered on October 31 as a gift to myself, (although, I thought future me would have more money to spend when it came time to pay). Anyway, I just want you all to know we’re in the same boat and I hope to receive mine this summer.

1 Like

Received email and paid successfully

3 Likes

Just made my payment for the 4K 144hz Spectrum, even did the express shipping which was kinda on the expensive side but I didn’t wanna wait no longer then I had to. This has been an awesome experience so far , now I just wait till it gets to my house!!! Actually really excited, can’t wait!!

3 Likes

It is very disappointing.
Those who use TOSLINLK soundcards on XBOX and PS5 really needed this feature.
TOSLINK provides better surround than a USB connection.
The eARC feature would have been a reason for many CSusers to choose eve over LG and ACER.

1 Like

I can get why users want eARC, Hell, I want it too :rofl: but „toslink provides better sound (or surround sound) than usb“ is wrong.
If you have a cheap USB DAC and compare it against an AVR with toslink, sure, but this is not a general USB DAC problem.

4 Likes

Disappointed myself also…thought about buying the 48’ LG CX using it has a monitor but I have been gaming on smaller displays majority of my life :sweat_smile:
Samsung’s new Smart monitors have ARC but every model is only 60Hz & HDMI 2.0

@Zodiac09 On consoles a optical/toslink feed is better than USB DAC only. For instance in my use case I have a Astro Mixamp which allows me to have bitstream out - Dolby Digital - stereo uncompressed with an optical feed. Without it all I have is stereo uncompressed on USB only, this is on Xbox Series X

Only solution(s) are to either building a PC/buy a prebuilt (cheaper) for better sound via USD DAC (some mobo have optical ports also) or pray some company ( :eyes: monoprice) makes a HDMI 2.1 extractor in the future.

3 Likes

are there any updates or timings, when the 3rd party reviewer will get their unit to perform the tests?
Of course you can’t tell, when their tests will be done, but maybe when they could be able to do so?

1 Like

Hey @undersound,
The team is currently planning on sending units to 3rd party reviewers at the end of the month. Once they have received the Spectrum, it will depend on their current schedule as to when the reviews will become available.

4 Likes

When will they show the final design of the box where will our spectrum come from?

3 Likes

Hey @ManuSabao, I’ve passed your question onto the team, and will let you know when relevant information becomes available. I’m personally very excited about seeing the final box.

4 Likes

Just to get some clarity, not including any extras that were purchased from the store during checkout, what else comes with the monitor as if the monitor was the only thing that was bought?

3 Likes

The monitor and the power cord/brick

3 Likes

Shipping is almost here! Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Are we still on track for June 29 shipping for the 4k monitor? Any concerns?

1 Like