Project: Spectrum | Progress Report

Two questions.

1. Does it seem that the current prototypes’ OSD design still far away from the target?

2. Where did the first 8000 components go?

3 Likes

Probably on a shelf somewhere, waiting for 8000 units of the NEW part they are adding.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update.

@Lore_Wonder, @Helios, @Javild,
I want to encourage the EVE team to be very upfront and on top of updates and timelines. Not only for this product but for the V v2 updates as well. Some of the comments on here are concerning.
The biggest problem for all of us with our original V orders were the lack of updates, the time of updates, and the transparency of the updates. That can’t happen again if EVE wants to survive. I do want EVE to survive.

5 Likes

This is where proper cable ties come into play! You can see the ones in the picture are overly long for their form factor, so that they need to be wrapped around the stream of cables more than once and create a relatively messy look. We are looking into high-quality cable ties that fit the stand’s elegant design, and will have more questions for our community on that soon!

Yes. Although the OSD design has been updated for color and layout, it has not been developed to our target level.

The components you mentioned are in stock. The IC in short supply is a new component required for the motherboard adjustment.

4 Likes

You think you’ll have implemented PayPal as a payment option when the balance is due in May? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, @ANoor85! I hope the following quote helps to answer your question.

3 Likes

I very much doubt they will implement PayPal payment, or Klarna.
I have worked with Klarna, and there are a lot of legal hoops to jump through to get that Klarna button on a page which I very much doubt Eve would pass. Accepting Paypal would also open up the possibility of disputes and having a third party provide over them which I also doubt is something a company like Eve would want.

4 Likes

Further to what @Lore_Wonder said, I’m fairly sure that, at the design stage, the community decided to have a slim stand like this rather than a thicker, cable hiding version.

I think the rationale was that most people would only have one or two cables so a thicker, less elegant stand wasn’t necessary.

5 Likes

@Lore_Wonder - Grant, thanks for the update. I had a feeling April was not going to happen back when it was announced, but for slightly different reasons. But with everything that is going on in the world, as well as now knowing about the redesign of the motherboard, to better accommodate the feature-set Eve has committed to, I can understand the delay. Like most people here, I’m excited for these new monitors, and would prefer to have them here now, in my hand (OK, well, on my desk, anyway lol), but I’d rather have a monitor that lives up to the hype than an unfinished product.

6 Likes

Thanks for this honest update. I know everyone is very excited for their new monitors, myself included, but we all want it to be right. I have spent the time waiting getting my PS5 and new PC with a RX 6800XT up an running, watching my frames at 4k for many games I have been playing. excited to finally ACTUALLY get those high frames on screen. Can’t wait, June can not come soon enough!

4 Likes

@XtraCheese

I agree, it’s better they delay to deliver a perfect monitor.
I’m not going to lie I was just a little disappointed in the timing of the update; informing us it was further delayed.
A little bummed out would be more accurate, because it was just under 2 weeks away from estimated shipment. I honestly didn’t believe it would be delayed further, because of how close this date was, and especially with the balance payment FAQs previously posted.

I still look forward to the monitor. Just need to distract myself for a few months again.

4 Likes

Hello,

You said this back in June of last year:

Hi, @p.mladenov! Thank you for your interest in the 240Hz Spectrum! We have learned a lot from our past and are carefully watching our projects to prevent similar issues from happening

link

So what exactly is it that Eve learned? Because I’m an Eve V owner, and this cycle of repeatedly failing to meet promised delivery dates looks familiar.

2 Likes

We are still in the middle of a pandemic which has caused many things to go into short supply to which a vast majority of companies are struggling with. They had enough to finish some which were sent out to be reviewed and tested by people like Linus and Rtings. There was also a huge blockage in the Suez Canal which has caused things to be delayed by months. Ports are also super overwhelmed and several months behind as well. It sucks but companies have a duty to please shareholders and customers, both of which would rather wait for a fine tuned product than get the product too soon and then lose customers. It’s not fair to compare them with the past because things are not even close to being the same.

It may be worth getting a vesa mount instead. It can save room and many have cable mitigation systems wo which the cables are hidden, if that is your thing.

4 Likes

The pandemic was in progress when Eve advertised April 30th as the shipping date. Shortages arising from the pandemic were well known about at that point.

looks pretty similar from here - people have paid money for a product that is not being delivered

1 Like

I feel that we should get weekly updates as opposed to monthly ones, regardless of their small things or big things or not.

5 Likes

This was a failure on the part of the HDMI scaler chip supplier who could not get HDMI 2.1 to work without this additional chip. Eve has no control over them developing the firmware.

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen, Eve makes posts every Monday and Thursday. Hopefully, we’ll see an increase in the days approaching the 12th of May. Some more specifics and nitty-gritty info would be great since there isn’t much discussion about payment left to address.

3 Likes

I like this post. Count me in for that as well

1 Like

If there is another delay I’m going OLED or wait for LG/ASUS, sorry, but I don’t infinite trust

2 Likes

They’re talking about different things than you think they are.

The link in the quoted message is clearly talking about the specific issues that happened around the licensing and sale of the first V. That is what Lore_Wonder meant when they said they had learnt things.

At no point did they say anything specifically about estimated dates being shipped, because no one can guarantee an estimated date will be hit.

This is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

3 Likes