Project: Spectrum | Development Samples Out

potwbv9

Hey community!

We have been in Spectrum’s factory and are happy to write to you about the progress we’ve seen. Here is a sneak peek of what we would like to share with you in the coming weeks.

Samples out

Along the way, we’ve been in contact with the press and some of your favorite reviewers to ask if they would like to take an early look at Spectrum’s development samples. We only had a few units for this purpose due to our need to keep many new samples to optimize Spectrum. Ultimately, we sent out those that won’t be used for further study to a handful of journalists and will soon let you know who they are.

More teammates in China

IMG20201214112456

With special permission from the local foreign affairs office, we finally managed to get more team members to China. Even so, they first had to remain quarantined in a specialized hotel for 14 days. Since then, they have joined our team members from various China provinces to visit factories in Suzhou. For the past three weeks, I have been able to meet my colleagues in person for the first time, shoot pictures and videos, and test samples as part of our team’s commitment to ship a top-notch monitor to you.

IMG20201215182907

Your eyes and ears

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 2.49.57 AM

I have hundreds of pictures and videos from our factory visits to illustrate in future updates. How can I best present the processes I seen and heard to you? Let me know in the comments! :smiley:

nlbanner

18 Likes

I’m okay with you just uploading the photos to this post. I wouldn’t want to have to download them myself through a link to the cloud or some other method which involves compression.

6 Likes

Thank you for the update! It’s really cool to see my wallpaper on a Spectrum monitor!

6 Likes

Just an idea of the top my head, but the images could be uploaded to a digital e-book so we can simply share a link and flick through at our own leisure.

Otherwise I have no issue with the best images being shared in a dedicated thread to the eve community forums.

3 Likes

Awesome to see and hear! And nice GN hoodie @Lore_Wonder :wink:

5 Likes

That’s great news.
Just wondering if there was/will be extensive testing in regards to mounting the monitor on to VESA arms (screw holes holding up, monitor frame handling twists and turns when mounted, etc.)

3 Likes

I would suggest imgur.com, you could upload the pics there.

4 Likes

I see a Gamers Nexus hoodie so I assume they get a sample :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Although they occasionally mention monitor as part of their tech news, they don’t do monitor reviews (except for using a monitor to test specific features such as latency) because they don’t have the type of special equipment and capacity to do it.

4 Likes

I would love to somehow view all the pictures with maybe a small title for each one (doesn’t have to be anything long; just something to let us know what we’re looking at). The more pictures the better. Don’t mind if you narrow down duplicates a bit, but I’d love to see anything you have!

3 Likes

Upload all photos to imgur or mega.nz to easy view for all :).

3 Likes

Or to Flickr. You can add notes per photo on Flickr I believe and it keeps it high quality

2 Likes

I’m hoping Hardware Unboxed gets a sample, Tim and Steve are some of the most honest reviewers out there.

3 Likes

They are great. Based on their recent Reddit thread however, if they do a review of the Spectrum, it’ll be based on a retail model, similar to Rtings.

1 Like

Hey,

Any updated on how and when the pictures will be shared?

Thanks

3 Likes

Check out the following topic! It contains loads of pictures and a video.

2 Likes

@Lore_Wonder Hi Grant, I would like to see all the pictures as well. Could you post them to Imgur or a similar photo-hosting site?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Greetings, @Felch! We’ll try to embed most of the pictures into the upcoming posts. Besides, we will also consider providing an effective way of viewing many images in one place as many of you have shown interest. Please keep your suggestions coming!

2 Likes

not sure if this is the right place for this comment… BUT…
in previous pictures i noticed the menu was on the bottom left and much smaller, in a picture above its dead center and rather large.
wouldnt it be better smaller and in a corner so you can see the rest of the screen so you can see how the changes you are making will affect the image youre looking at?
is there an option in the menu to change the location/size of the menu itself?

3 Likes

The OSD design shown in the image is just used for development and will be changed at a later stage.

2 Likes