Project Muse Prototype and Specs are here!

Thanks for this post, btw. Very interesting!

I’m guessing I’m in the minority, but if these had alexa, google assistant, or any other state approved spying device baked in I would not purchase them. I value my privacy, and so should you.

11 Likes

FYI, …ClearAudio will release “FLOW II” in Jully (the 2ond interation which includes Google Assistant) and also offers an audiophile version “NEXT”. A perfect touchstone for “our team” to compare/contrast,
their design elements & egornomics may provide useful insight.

1 Like

Re: Mercededs - This is a great philosophy and approach.

Great to watch and be part of the “crowd” development process at work here.

Copying, improving and further innovating is far easier and more advantageous than innovating from nothing.
This is what I call the fast track way to success.

What’s more you are mostly and usually working with already “proven” concepts.

Old saying:- Many Pioneers get arrows in their back!

Just do it differently, better and at a lower cost.

BTW

Just thinking - Is there any way of having or adding adjustable spring tension in the Eve Muse headset?
This has sometimes stopped me in the past from using good headsets, because the spring tension is too strong and easily becomes uncomfortable for me to wear.

I don’t have time and I’m not interested enough to wear them for several days in order to get used to the tension. I’d rather return them and move to a another brand.

1 Like

Hey there i am very much excited to hear about the new projects going with EVE -
Lately ive been noticing just how bad the space is for bluetooth earbuds, for example something that is heavily marketed/paid to all bloggers is the Jabra brand but this is just awful (just read the comments)

What else is going on besides the Headphones, i think the Tablet/laptop has been done for a while now.

btw, as i wear glasses, i gravitate towards earbuds to reduce strain on my (over)ears. Hopefully there can one day be really good earbuds, i want to say that the samsung earbuds have a no-nonsense design, but they are pretty large/protruding out the ears as most do.

Picture make the point;

Pages 63 & 64 illustrate the new driver technology compared to the standard design.
https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01279478/document

The split coil reminds me of a linear drive motor (rail gun).
Linedrive acoustic motor, Linear drive motor, Vectordrive motor, …

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

more microphones == more data. More data == more precise noise cancellation. But there is a point of diminishing returns.

5 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

As you might see, I’m also wearing glasses. Quite thick ones at that. All I can say is that premium headphones are worth it. The audio quality is generally higher since there is more space. I own a pair of Sony 1000MX2 and I can wear them 12+ hours. The ear cushions gently spread the pressure around

1 Like

Adjustable spring tension is interesting idea. We will check what the suppliers can do

5 Likes

Design a replaceable earpads for glass wearing people is also what I am thinking of

11 Likes

Would like the buttons to be textured, we’ll spaced. Would appreciate deep ear cups just like bose qc35s. Very good build quality. Doesn’t need touch sensitive controls, buttons and knobs is very much acceptable. Minimal branding. Plush ear cups. Top build quality, and able to fold up.

All stuff people have said before, just wanted to bring it back into focus since design process should be starting soon

5 Likes

Replaceable earcups are also good for regular users from a longevity standpoint. From that same perspective, would a replaceable battery be possible, like in the B&O H9? Otherwise, the usefulness will deteriorate over the course of a few years as the battery degrades. It could also allow you to carry an extra battery with you while traveling for example.

5 Likes

Most headphones with this integrated have options to disable it, so assume eve will implement the same?

Please make sure it has multi point bluetooth and focus is also place on mic call quality in suppressing back ground noise while maintaining good mic voice pickup…

1 Like

How easily accessible should the battery be? By hand? With a screw? With a small pin like sim trays? Or even more proprietary device?

2 Likes

Slide battery cover off with your thumb! :sunglasses:

Could we implement something like this in the Muse? I haven’t tried them but they seem like a welcome improvement for some.

2 Likes

Well, really it’s two choices.
You either add an extra hotswap feature or you just keep it vanilla.

In the case of the former -
The less I have to stay plugged in, the better. If you go hotswap, i’d recommend you go all out and also offer a seperate battery + charger as a standalone extra so I can hotswap my batteries and practically never have to connect a cable. ( Unless i don’t have access to my charger or i want to use a wire )

That, along with easy access that doesn’t compromise the percieved build quality. ( aforementioned headphones H8 and Zik3.0 are pretty baller in this regard )

Another extra in this case would be having a little bit extra capacitence on the PCB to give me a grace period of like, 10 to 15 seconds, in which i can swap the battery and not have to reconnect.

In the case of the latter - just put it behind some screws or something, enough that it’s replacable, it doesn’t really need to be all that user accessible either, just don’t glue it in or solder the wires to the PCB directly (I.E, use a connector) and it’s all going to be great.

So, I guess what i’m saying is, that, unless there is hotswap capability, even if it isnt as fancy as i’m fantascizing about, there isn’t much point in making it accessible, rather at that point just make it replacable/repairable at all and we’re good.

2 Likes

I saw a pair of Sony cans today that had some touch feature on the right cup. It said it was to stop the ANC but it just ended up changing tracks or something. Neat idea overall.

Oh I know what you’re talking about. Overall I’d prefer to cut corners on touch features because buttons are easier to use blind and they can be finicky in general. The gesture I believe is covering the right earcup with your hand turns on ambient mode and pauses your media so that you can hear someone. It’s definitely cool and I’d want the Muse to have the ability to raise the volume of the environment when we want but perhaps through a button or dial (as on the surface headphones), instead

3 Likes