Where are we?
We are designing a backpack…
GENERAL PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS
- For the tech-savvy urban commuters
- Best bang for the buck backpack
- Slick and simple from the outside, high performance inside
- Unconditional quality in materials and hardware for max reliability
- Great and really smart space management inside
- Premium looking and following EVE esthetic
- Great weather protection and good shock protection
- Amazing comfort and ergonomic
See previous voting: [Project B] [Step 3] The Wild zone
- Great water protection but no need of dipping it the water
- One product and not a system
- Performance first, versatility second
- Tech ready, not tech implemented
- With some secret pocket, no need to be antitheft
- There is not a clear winner regarding the expandability. This topic will be further developed later but we have found that a backpack between 20-24 liters could be the right fit for our needs.
We have been working closely with Mozo to define the requirements and to explore different solutions present in the market.
Also we have been mapping and research different topics for the design of the backpack.
What are these topics?
- What to carry
- How to access
- Pockets organization
- Safety and secret pockets
- Backpack types
- Volume and what can be carried
- Different ways how to expand the volume
- Visibility and inside compartments
- Ergonomy and how to adjust. Comfort
- Hardware and materials
- Printing technics and branding elements
- Ergonomy and breathability when carrying it
- Interactions between backpack and environments
And personally, I have been quite obsessed, especially recently, in taking pictures of all interesting backpacks I have been finding around
Now, during our research, we have found interesting topics of discussion that we believe are important to share with you guys! Especially before we vote for the concepts
/// Back panel
About air ventilation in the back and back padding. We have found that hiking backpacks and running backpacks are naturally great inspirations for good solutions.
Considering your previous backpack experiences which of the following fits your needs most?
Click here to see detalils
Here are some examples… please do not focus on the look but focus on the usability and comfort aspects
- Amazing comfort and breathability. A solution like a net system or extra padding in the back would be cool and really comfy!
- Just comfortable enough- limited padding. No need for extra padding or special features. It could increase the price and these features are not a must for me.
- Air ventilation and amazing comfort are not that relevant to me. No padding necessary.
- Other. I will specify in the comments
/// Shoulder straps
Now… we have been looking around for different shoulder straps solutions and we feel that these are the key factors to make the best shoulder strap!
- Shaped to fit the human body and not just straight
- Air ventilation in the strap is a great feature
- A little hard reinforcement inside the strap makes it easy to grab and fit better on the chest
- Adjustability is a must on the bottom end of the straps but not a must on the top end. (Considering backpack volumes lower than 30 L)
- Chest strap that is adjustable and removable.
- Straps ends easy to grab for adjusting the fitting
- Never good to have little straps or parts that are flapping around
Do you agree with this list for the shoulder straps?
- I agree fully
- I agree partially and I will write in the comments to tell what is missing or not that relevant to me
/// Chest strap
Do you use the chest strap to increase comfort or stability when using the backpack?
- Yes and I like it!
- No but just because I do not have it! I would like to have it in this backpack!
- Nope, I do not like chest straps
/// Opening tab
Do you have (or had) on your backpack or messenger this “grabbing tabs” when opening or closing the zipper?
- Yes and I like to use them!
- Yes, I have but I never use them…
- No, but I would like to have them!
- No… and honestly I do not need them…
/// Visibility inside
Bright colors on the inside can increase visibility when we are looking for something inside of the bag but of course, bright colors can define quite clearly the look and overall experience with the product… Where do you stand?
- I want our cool bright red inside. I want good visibility and I think that the bright red inside can be really good solution!
- I can sacrifice visibility but I really want all dark and cool black inside. Nice and stealth looking
- I do not mind. Both are fine!
- I have a better solution and I will tell about it in the comments!
/// Attaching on the outside
Do you usually add extra items on the outside of your backpack and feel comfortable doing it? (Example: the jacket in the outside net or elastic wire of the backpack)
About expandability… if we would be in the position that we MUST be able to add extra volume to the backpack. Which solution you feel could fit best your needs?
- Compression straps on the side of the bag are a fine solution for me to modify the volume
- A zipper that when opened can increase the volume would work for me
- A rolltop backpack solution is a good way to go
- The possibility of attaching or insert on the outside of the backpack
- It really depends… For me not an obvious winner among these options.
- Other. I will specify in the comments!
WHAT TO CARRY
CLICK HERE for the list of things to carry..
• Laptop 15
• Dongle or hub
• Mouse mat
• 3 - 4 Cables
• Paper & documents
• Water bottle
• V Pen (or similar)
• Other pens
• Little cosmetic products
How much of this you would want to carry?
- % 30
- % 50
- % 70
- % 100!
- More than this! I will tell in the comments what is missing…
You can give ONLY a total of 12 points (please do not cheat )
Please read them all first and then score from 1 to 5 how important are for you these aspects of the future backpack! MAX 12 points
Resilient (long lasting)
Clever (these are smart solutions!)
Comfortable (feels good)
Simple (less is more)
Distinctive (designed to stand out)
If you can pick only one. How do you want to feel when you are using this backpack?
- I have a unique product. I am the coolest kid on the block.
- I have a super reliable product. This is gonna last forever
- I made an awesome deal. This really was a fair price!
- I stand for what this company stands for. I am the messenger.
- None of the above. I do not care about how I feel.
Thank you! And next steps we will vote on the construction and concepts!