First of all. Great inputs from Step 1!! All the voters and the comments were super good!
It has also been my first real post in community, very happy about it
Small note, you can see on top of the post the banner about the project path. This represent what we did so far and where we are going. This map will grow in time. Future steps and overall structure of the process might change if we fell that could be improved or we need to pivot direction due to new discoveries
So let´s start…
SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS STEP
See here poll summary from previous step
The goal was to understand the current scene, what is our current favorite way of carrying our goodies and current pain points in our setup.
Vast majority of voters like to be generous with what they are carrying and have the need to carry with them more than just the essentials.
Roughly 2/3 of voters currently is using a backpack type or prefers to carry on both shoulders.
Little but very important note…
These "results"do not mean that Project B has to be a backpack. This is just an estimated of the current scenario. So it is just an indicator of what is currently the preferred type of product or way of carrying in the voters group
What I personally find most interesting and valuable in the long term during the development of the project are the PAIN POINTS that you guys were awesome to share!!
PAIN POINTS SUMMARY
This is a summary of the most dominating pain points in the comment area, after digesting them and group them… I might have missed something important… please share it in the post!!
By reading the comments from the previous thread it is already quite noticeable the “most mentioned” pain points, but we still wanted to give it a go and vote for it!
PLEASE VOTE THE 3 PAIN POINTS THAT ARE THE MOST RELEVANT IN YOUR CURRENT SETUP
- Not enough water protection. (I want to feel safe in bad weather)
- Not enough shock protection for what I carry
- Not good space management inside (Smarter organization inside, better fitting for my device, dedicated compartment for documents, etc)
- Not versatile enough. (It does not adapt to daily changes in my lifestyle, does not expand, etc…)
- Bad ergonomics, not comfortable. (Not comfortable enough because of a bad interaction with human architecture, no good air ventilation on the back during carrying, etc…)
- Bad quality materials, hardware or overall construction. (My product is not designed to last… I want it more durable)
- Not secure enough. (I am afraid of thieves that could steal from me)
- Bad interaction with my bike. ( My product give me hard time when I am traveling on my bike.)
- Not “professional” or premium looking enough. (I would want a better esthetic for my product. Slicker or better suitable for my work environment)
- Not easy or quick access. ( I want to have quicker access to my goodies or to pull them out more easily… )
Little but very important note…
Important to underline that each member refers to different product types and each person has unique pain points related to their personal lifestyle. The Project B probably will not excel in all of these areas but this phase is still very interesting to layout different areas of needs to take in consideration since the beginning!
How many of these pain points you see yourself currently having?
- None of these
- From 1 to 3
- From 3 to 5
- Actually more than 5…
Quick feedback, how accurate do you think this summary is in your opinion?
(1 lowest accuracy and 5 highest accuracy)
Now we know a little more about us, what to take always into account and some of the problems existing out there…
THE STEP 2: Product types and features
This phase is very important for defining the product type, the archetype of our EVE carrying bag. All the previous considerations related to pain points, needs and similar will be taken into account during future development. This is just a first important step to narrow down the potential range of product that our item could be!
- To understand the wish of community about what product type, an EVE carrying item
- Start to layout wishes and requirements from community about the product features
- Read the summary of Step 1 and vote in the polls
- Vote for the product type
- Share your wishes about the product features!
WHAT WOULD YOU WISH IT TO BE?
As you can see the green items presented in the illustration here are very stylized product type. The range you can see in here represents a possible range of products. We are focusing of product types by way of carrying.
Please make your decision taking into considerations the following factors.
- You like the idea to get one of these
- You think it is a valuable product for EVE.
- You see yourself using it and would be a good solution for you…
- You are interested in crowd development this product in the community!
OPTION A. Carrying type by hand or shoulder.
OPTION B. Carrying type by hand or shoulder. Bigger and potentially more complex (pockets, features, etc) than Option C. Higher complexity might mean a higher price.
OPTION C. Carrying type by hand or shoulder. Smaller and lighter than Option B
OPTION D. Carrying type on both shoulders. Smaller and lighter than Option E.
OPTION E Carrying type on both shoulders. Bigger and potentially more complex (pockets, features, etc) than Option D. Higher complexity might mean a higher price.
OPTION F it is something a bit different… differs to the other options since it is a bit more uncommon but it is presented for voting after great input from @dibadibadu and reading from Step 1 @razaknk comment and similar ones. See in the poll explanation.
OPTION G if what you were wishing to see here it is not present. Or you think there is no potential in any of the product types here.
Extra. Hybrid solutions like messenger + backpack. Will be considered as additional features later on. We would like to define in this phase what is the dominant form factor.
Example: it might be that we choose option X and during development, we realize that we want it to have some aspects of the excluded product type Z. In that case, we consider to change it to a hybrid solution.
TIME TO VOTE
- ( A ) A EVE tote bag. Not just a shopper but something with more functionalities and additional features…
- ( B ) A well built, spacious EVE messenger bag…
- ( C ) A minimal and light EVE laptop bag…
- ( D ) A light and slick EVE backpack…
- ( E ) A spacious and “plenty of pockets type” EVE backpack…
- ( F ) NOT primarily a carrying item but EVE “organizer” (or similar) that provides you the ability to organize better your items and could fit in other bags…
- ( G ) OTHER. I would like to have something different to the options mentioned here. (Share in the comment area!)
Little but very important notes…
- We might do a second round voting.
- EVE will take the 2 most voted options and consider them as top candidates for the project! After discussing with Mozo we will choose and lock down the final product type!
You have voted now about what kind of product type you would like to see yourself wearing and carrying around…
Now it is time to start leaning towards: "What are the key features of our product and what does make our product special?"
The idea is to combine the selected option from the pool and combine it with comments about your requirements and interesting features…