Power button, wake up, and a few other issues

Pretty much as @ToiletSheep said! You don’t have to press the button (due to the connected standby) as it’ll read the fingerprint ASAP and unlock it.
The ‘issue’ with pressing it seems that it unlocks already due to reading the fingerprint & because it was pressed it then locks again because this is set up like that in Windows.

And @ToiletSheep if you’ve got the new internal testing BIOS installed then it’s been changed (for testing) that it first needs the button press to wake up before putting your finger on it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that’s great. the insta-unlock with finger is really nice — when its working as intended!

the problem I have with it is that it doesn’t respond consistently. sometimes it unlocks as soon as it senses my finger, sometimes I have to press the button and it takes a second, sometimes its actually powered off and I actually have to hold the button to turn it on.

if you could fix that and make the insta-print unlock work reliably, that’d be awesome.

but right now there is no way to tell what state the V is in, so this leads to me holding the power button when it just needs to be touched a man’s touch; quick-press and waiting a second while its powered off; and lightly tickling the V when it needs a quick press.

I guess the silver lining is this reminds me of when I was a student. Ah, I had no idea what I was doing with a V then too. Just used my fingers and hoped something would happen.

Good times.

1 Like

It was quite consistent for me, but I found it was a slight problem if you accidentally brush the power button with your finger while putting it away (for example into the sleeve).

@iKirin no idea which BIOS I’m using actually. It got shipped like this. But it works and I’m satisfied :smiley:

I have the same power button issue. I received my eve v a few weeks. I disabled connected ready so this is talk purely about turning it on from a totally off state - i.e. when the eve v first wakes up and shows the bios load screen. Sometimes a single press will turn it on but mostly I have to hold it for around 2 seconds to get it to work consistently. It’s a very annoying issue because you’re never really sure you’ve done it properly and it takes a second or 2 to show the bios screen even after you’re successful. If this could be fixed, that would be great.

The fingerprint reader, once windows has loaded, works great though.

Chiming in to say I have the same issues with my power/sleep button. Sometimes a gentle tap wakes it up, but not always. Sometimes I have to press it several times, and often end up waking and locking it. I’ve also had some problems getting the Eve to turn on at all. Today I had to hold down the power button to force it to shut down because it was stuck on “Restarting,” and afterward I had a really hard time getting it to turn back on. It took about a dozen presses over the period of a few minutes. I thought my Eve had died.

1 Like