Please Guys, Come On

Long time Eve fan, long timer lurker, first time poster. I’m getting really tired of the constant stream of complaints. I get it, it’s frustrating. I too, want my V and I want it six months ago. However, it’s a crowd funded, kick starter campaign. Things never go according to schedule, regardless of how well you plan. This is doubly true in the world of development, nice analogy here:

https://www.quora.com/Engineering-Management/Why-are-software-development-task-estimations-regularly-off-by-a-factor-of-2-3/answer/Michael-Wolfe?srid=24b&share=1

Some delays were avoidable, some absolutely not. You learn from your mistakes and when Eve 2.0 comes around, the same mistakes will not be made again. I can say with 100% certainty that if I undertook a project of this calibre, I wouldn’t have perfomed any better. I believe the same applies to many of you here.

The Eve team have performed an incredible feat, catering for every whim of the community. The light at the end of the tunnel is blinding and I can pratically feel the Eve in my hand. If I had wanted a new laptop without the risk of delay, I’d have gone to the shop and bought a run of the mill one. I chose not to do this, anyone who had fought to procure an Eve didn’t want to do this. You wanted something big, you wanted to be part of something big. Please just take a moment, take a step back, and look at the bigger picture.

Congrats Eve team. I look forward to receiving my V.

Hi, and welcome (despite being a long time lurker!)

Welcome Sir! Happy to have you here!