As a Surface Pro 3 owner I believe the keyboard or type cover is very hard to design and very easy to have defects.
For example, SP3/SP4 owners see type cover isn’t working very often, because there are several scenarios to cover:
- Handle detach/reattach event normally.
- Handle detach/reattach when device is sleeping/hibernating.
- Disable keyboard when flipping over and re-enable it when flipping back.
- Combination of above scenarios.
Microsoft spent several years and making a lot of driver and firmware update to fix all kinds of issues. Most surface owners see different kind of issues more or less until recently.
Now EVE V added wireless connection so your developers are facing much more complicated scenarios and you will have to handle additional things like:
- Switch between magnetic and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Handle keyboard low energy cost when device is sleeping.
- Backlight management according to connection method or battery level.
These things looks trivial but if not handled well each one could be a deal breaker for EVE V. Because it is a 2-in-1 device and everyone expects a good keyboard. I’m sure the Chinese manufacture hasn’t done such a keyboard before so no mature driver so far. I suppose developer team will spend more resource and effort on the keyboard, to make sure it is perfect.