Pixel misalignment

So this has happened a few times and I finally remembered to take a photo of it…

It happens occasionally at monitor startups or switching between fullscreen games / desktop / HDR and non HDR, and a simple monitor reboot will fix it temporarily. When it happens, the panel is still refreshing, but the left slice of the pixels are just shifted. I can provide video too but I guess I’ll have to upload it somewhere and link them here.

For a product at this price level, I’m expecting more stability. The picture quality and the panel itself is perfect, and I love the design too…but there are a bunch of weird bugs that are holding me back from recommending this product to my friends.

Not sure if it’s just me since nobody mentioned it before. If it’s just me I guess it’s a hardware problem but I hope it’s software only so that I won’t need to go through the exchanging service, which is time-consuming and risky.

For the record, here are the specs of my rig:
GPU: RTX 3080
Connection: HDMI 2.1 port via a HDMI 2.1 cable
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
Resolution: 3840*2160@144

Hi @BeforeWhitby,

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

This looks like hardware issue and I would recommend contacting support. Have you tried updating the firmware?

1 Like

I have the same issue occasionally, power cycle fixes it. Typically happens when I have a driver timeout error

Currently at 105. Does the support link cover purchases from third party dealers? In my case it’s a store on tmall.com.

Hmmm I have no idea what kind of error that is.

Hi @BeforeWhitby,

Correct me if I’m wrong but are you saying that you purchased the ES07D03 from tmall.com?

Looking at the above picture, this does not seem to be an Eve Product so you would not get support from our support team but I’m sure members of the community would be happy to give their 2 cents :slight_smile:

What is the make / model of the monitor you are using?

Have you tried changing your display properties and aligning the screen as shown on the picture below?

1 Like

Alright so it is absolutely a EVE Spectrum ES07D03 but mistake’s on me it was jd.com, here’s the link: EVE SPECTRUM27英寸NanoIPS显示器4K144Hz HDR600 HDMI2.1 4K144Hz 显示器(带支架 无视频线)【图片 价格 品牌 报价】-京东 (jd.com). I don’t know how could you tell it’s not a EVE product given this unique thin bezel design LOL.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I’m using this as the only monitor and I couldn’t find a display arrangement page in this case on Windows 11.

Back to the problem itself, since it’s a EVE Spectrum, but sold by a dealer, do I get supports from the support team?

Hi @BeforeWhitby,

When it comes to actual troubleshooting, there shouldn’t be an issue. In fact, we can also try to see if we can resolve your situation regardless of where you obtain your Spectrum. You are more than welcome to contact support and see what we can do to help. We can also be in communication here and we’ll try to figure it out together.

Few things to try include switching your cable and see if it resolves the problem.

However if it is, indeed hardware issue (within the Spectrum itself), it can get quite tricky. I am not sure if we will cover warranty claim for third party resellers. I will have to confirm again with the team in regards to this.

Hi @BeforeWhitby,

You would need to contact JD for support as you’ve purchased the product from them. If you require a repair/replacement, please contact JD and they should look after you.

Sorry, we couldn’t be of much help.

I have had the same problem. The only differences in my setup are that I use Linux and have a Ryzen 7 5800X. It happens very rarely and power cycling the monitor will fix it. I forget whether this happened only on the 102 firmware or if it also happened on the 104 firmware. I am currently updating to the 105 firmware.

It just happened immediately after updating to 105 using a Windows 10 USB To Go key to do the firmware flash. :confused:

Hi @ryao,

Sorry that you experienced the issue.

Is the same method of power cycling again alleviate the issue?

Hi @Cas. Power cycling made it go away for now.

@Cas If it helps, I have seen a similar issue once in the past at a friend’s house on his 1080p TV connected to his Windows gaming PC. It turned out to be a loose HDMI cable. Unfortunately, I am using a 3ft HDMI cable (from my HTC Vive) that is not loose, so this is not relevant in my situation. It might help if someone else has this problem though.

Edit: The forum is not letting me reply to festour since I hit a new user first day comment limit. Here is what I would have said:

I just said that it is connected properly. I have not tried with DisplayPort since DisplayPort 1.4 cannot do 4K at 144Hz without compression. It is rare and I can go more than a month without seeing it happen, so it is not something that I can reliably reproduce to know whether DisplayPort makes a difference.

2 Likes

Then it could be the hdmi connector on the monitor that isn’t attached properly. Did you tried with DP cable?

Good point. Will try if I purchase a DP1.4 cable

2 Likes

That day you replied to me, the forum would not let me reply since I hit a first day comment limit, so I had edited my response into my original comment. Here is what I wanted to say:

I just said that it is connected properly. I have not tried with DisplayPort since DisplayPort 1.4 cannot do 4K at 144Hz without compression. It is rare and I can go more than a month without seeing it happen, so it is not something that I can reliably reproduce to know whether DisplayPort makes a difference.

This just happened again to me today when I was using Linux. Running xrandr -s 1920x1080 && xrandr -s 3840x2160 made the issue disappear.

Hi @ryao,

Are you still running v105?

Also, am I right in saying using native resolution or 1080, resolved the issue?

The command being run was:

xrandr -s 1920x1080 && xrandr -s 3840x2160

which says to change the resolution to 1080p and then back to 4K. It seems likely that the resolution change is causing certain internal values to reset, and that’s fixing the problem.

1 Like