Majority of community members in last thread wanted us to crowd develop V case. So I am proud to tell you that we are excited to do it! You can see previous discussion here: Should we crowd-develop protective case from scratch in our community? Stretch goal discussion part 5
So what are the next steps?
First of all we need to lock down the form factor of case we are making.
We find sleeve case to be an optimal solution as it will fit the device perfectly and you could easily carry it around or put it in your bag.
How the development process will go?
Developing case is a much easier task than the whole device. It shouldn’t take us 12 month
We are collaborate with Mozo and their design team to make V sleeve. Here is the process step by step:
- We lock down basics and functional requirements of the case that you want. Also we would gather list of cases that you like.
- After that we will make some sketches based on the feedback we received. We will have a vote about concept that you like the most.
- We will refine the best concept before we get there
That´s basically it. We should be able to get final design in around 2 weeks.
So let’s begin!
STEP 1: THE BASICS
As we are designing a sleeve it is very important to understand how it will be used. We generally have 2 main choices structurally now:
- Make a very tight fit, light and beautiful sleeve that will fit V, keyboard and pen perfectly.
- Make a bit bulkier sleeve that could also fit accessories inside in its dedicated pocket.
First option will be very minimalistic and fit every bag. While second option would be a bit bulkier due to extra pockets and specs needed for accessories.
So first of all it is very important to understand how you are intending to use the sleeve. Whether you will be using it with existing bag of your or just on it’s own. So here’s the question to you.
How will you use your V sleeve?
- I will be using my sleeve primary with some bag or other accessory.
- I will be using my sleeve most of the time independently so I will not place it inside any bag or accessory.
Here’s another follow up question.
Should V sleeve have pocket for accessories or be very tightly made to fit V, Keyboard and pen?
- I would like my sleeve to fit V, Keyboard and Pen only to keep it tight and beautiful
- I would like my sleeve to have extra pocket for some basic accessories like USB cable and HDMI adapter
So we have 2 choices here. Either we have something very clean elegant and tight or then we have a bigger sleeve that would fit other accessories as well making it a bit bulkier and harder to fit into some bags.
After you voted
Seasoned designer of accessories will take all things above into account!
Make sure to join the discussion below as well post examples of cases you like. Make sure to tell why you like the cases you find around the web or that you have had previously.
Next step will be showing you sketches
P.S. Amazing job @Artur make sure to post your sketch here:)