Oneplus 5T full pictures and specs reveal - would you buy it or wait for Oneplus 6 with Snapdragon 845?

Wow, you’re good at switching the discussion to your side. We were discussing Android’s resource consumption, now we are discussing its battery consumption. How comes? Let’s not put words into each other’s mouths, OK? I didn’t say its battery consumption didn’t matter. I said its resourse usage is not a major concern, because even low end processors deal with it absolutely fine nowadays.

Could anybody with Android experience answer this question, please. I’ve too little experience with those China-Phones, just starting my research for Lumia950XL replacement…

But resource consumption leads to battery consumption. And since there isn’t any difference in physical size between a midrange and highend hardware, the only thing that can change the physical size of the phone, while keeping the same performance, is the battery. (And maybe the thermal design)

I don’t have any experience of those brands specifically but I have had a couple of similar phones.
Performance wise I don’t think they are quite up to speed with the SD835. But as @pauliunas said earlier, midrange hardware is plenty for almost everyone today.
But there’s two things that are big negatives for me, customer service and software updates/hackability. The customer service is often sub par with these very cheap phones.
But the biggest thing, for me, is that it is much less likely to be updates to future Android versions. And these phones don’t get the attention from the modding community and therefore there’s little chance to be able to “update” your phone yourself.

There should be be categories for smartphones now: BL1, BL2, BL3 and BL4: Bezelless at 4 edges, at 3 edges, at 2 edges… OnePlus 5T is BL3… The Oppo one just BL2… Edit: Scrolled back to the pictures above OnePlus 5T is also BL2…

Yup, and then Samsung had to backpedal a lot on their water resistance claims after they discovered that taking pictures underwater in the pool (something that they recommended customers do) was breaking phones in Australia where the pools use salt water. The S8 is a higher protection rating (IP68 vs 67) than other phones, but having that headphone jack gives it bigger problems if there is anything mildly corrosive (like salt) in the water that it touches.

All companies advise against usage in salt water due to corrosion problems, it’s always in the fine print. Also don’t wash them with aggressive soaps ect.
Actually that’s common sense.

Why is this not an issue with the usb ports on all these phones that have removed the jack, but don’t use a rubber flap to cover it? Does it have to do with the material the port is made out of?

I think it might have to do with the shape and material. I heard somewhere (can’t find confirmation now) that the nice reversible USB-C and Lightning ports are easier to waterproof than micro-usb. I assume because the ports can be plastic aside from the leads which are coated in strong and non-corrosive metals. Micro-usb has a metal shield (I think for EM interference?) and little prongs and holes to hold in with, which both cause problems in water.

Waterproofing can be done in several ways. Most common way is waterproofing the casing, however individual components can be waterproofed by applying protective coatings. The latter is usually rather costly and adds complexity to the assembly process.