One Year With V

I received my V i7 in Feb 2018. I have had absolutely no issues the computer. The stylus was a disappointment. I replaced my stylus with a Microsoft stylus model 1776 which works just fine. I also have a Microsoft Arch Mouse I use with it also. I still believe that the Eve V i7 is the best buy on the market even today. I was recently in BB and looked at the top of the line Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is about $300 more than what I paid for my Eve V i7 in December 2016. The Surface does NOT have a Thunderbolt 3 port.

12 Likes

@TristanSchaaf This might tempt you to buy one :wink:

1 Like

I own TWO Eve V i7 tablets. One is mine and my wife has the other.

0 Likes

I am more curious to what she has to say about the V :wink:
Could you be kind enough to ask her?
Please :blush:
Women have a keen eye for details…

0 Likes

She is more into social media and as long as she can read her email and get on Facebook she is happy. She is very happy with her Eve.

2 Likes

Very thoughtfull: it certainly keeps peace in the marriage :grin:

3 Likes

how do u use your V? what are your thoughts about the keyboard?

1 Like

She is more into social media and as long as she can read her email and get on Facebook she is happy

This is what the i7 is for… :smiley:

1 Like

Wow. Feb 2018, you say. I wish that my partner and I received our V tablets back then.

April 2019 and still no money back so that we can buy something.

1 Like

Probably more about the storage. But honestly i7 vs i3 in the y series is pretty unspectacular anyways.

1 Like

I’m surprised with Eve V TB3 too. Recently bought a USB C to Display Port so that I can connect Eve V to my Widescreen monitor. It runs at full resolution at 3440x1440 at 120Hz. That’s the moment you realized that TB3 is so important nowadays. It can really do a lot of things with one single port.

1 Like

I’m not satisfied at all. I don’t know, may be It’s because I had V and kb been replaced 2 times already (I was quite surprised when they replaced V the second time though). But when another kb started misbehaving in may (I got my V in Dec and got it replaced in Jan and in April) support was asking me to send videos of malfunctions few times but only promised to replace and instructed to wait. I stopped using V in July I think. It became unbearable at that time. Later kb died completely. Now I have a freaki’n expensive windows tablet. What else can I say. I am not satisfied.
My guess now that they stopped helping my case since I have bad record of V’s and kb’s dying for no reason. But it would be nice of them to tell me straight that I am no longer welcome here. What the do not. And I keep hoping to solve this case somehow without escalating this case to our consumer protection thing.

2 Likes

I just couldn’t agreed more. The keyboard ruins the experience. It looks dope but it doesn’t do a decent job. Problems like input delay is huge when using it wirelessly, Shift key plus arrow keys do not work together, and many more are so annoying.

2 Likes

Can you tell me the diffrence using eve v stlus and microsoft one. i am tempted to get the microsoft one. but dunno the significant difference

0 Likes

Hedge, The MS Pen is not cheap. $99 USD. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-pen/8zl5c82qmg6b?ocid=AID695933_SEM_WpgAQQAAALL2ZRPK%3A20190415164932%3As&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

Gary Stebbins
Fort Wayne, Indiana
stebbinsgr1@gmail.com
(260) 438-4808

0 Likes

I do agree that using the keyboard via BT isn’t ideal and there are some problems but overall my experience with it has been good. I wouldn’t accept the same issues in a newer model but I’m happy considering what I paid and that it was Eve’s first attempt and making this type of device that could disrupt the norms in the market.

0 Likes

I thought to have sent you apost yesterday, apparently it is lost somewhere in cyberspace . . . .
My replacement keyboard arrived after leavig for Gabon, I’ll find it when back in Europe around June. The BT keyboard I bought does its job ok.
So what about buying a cheapo BT keyboard for the time being ?

0 Likes

I’ve found the only bt kb that could work, but it’s not a cheap solution. Anything that have trackpad is not cheap… At least here in Latvia. 40 euro is not a cheapo kb in my taste.

0 Likes

You may use a mouse to keep going without a touchpad? Or, use the onscreen trackpad if a mouse alone is not enough?

Verzonden vanaf mijn Windows 10-apparaat

0 Likes

special pric USD 0.89 :crazy_face:
No indication about sturdiness, but not abig risk for that amount of money. :hugs:

0 Likes